Parking near the Hilton New York?

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 06:49 PM
katie

Parking near the Hilton New York?

Is there any public parking available near the HIlton New York? I am staying there this weekend, and was told by the hotel that parking is 40 bucks a day, with no in or out privileges. Is this the norm? Any suggestions where to eat nearby? Have tickets for the Radio City show, am excited!

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 07:07 PM
traveller

I stayed there over Thanksgiving and yes, that's the norm. I ended up leaving my car on 8h Avenue and 55th or 56th, I think, for $25 for 24 hours.

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 07:07 PM
karen

The only public parking is on the street. I would park in the garage.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 07:23 AM
hamlet

You can probably save a couple dollars on parking if you go to garages more west, like 9th, 10th, 11th avenues. It's not a bad walk. The idea is to get further away from Rockefeller Center and Times Square and the theatres. I doubt that there will be in and out privileges anywhere, except maybe the hotel you are staying at, and if your activities are all in Manhattan, you won't need it.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Owen O'Neill

A friend tells me she's been using a lot somewhere around 58th or 59th all the way out at 11th (West End Avenue). It's only $8 or $9 per day and they have a shuttle bus that drops you off in midtown. Not sure what the overnight/24 hour charge is but I think it's the same as or close to the "per day" charge.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 08:23 AM
m

i doubt any NYC garage would have in and out priviledges, but there's no need to take the car back out until until you are ready to leave town. Most garages not associated with hotels tend to be about $25/day. The area mentioned by Owen may be a cheaper alternative but less convenient.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 01:59 PM
Ken

I hope you're aware that there is more than one Hilton in NYC.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 02:29 PM
Howard

While there is more than one Hilton in New York, there is only one Hilton New York. Since Katie mentions that she's going to the nearby Radio City Music Hall and cites a $40 parking fee, she's no doubt staying at the Hilton New York (6th Avenue, spanning 53rd and 54th Streets).