Reload this Page >

Parking at SeaTac airport (off-site)

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 06:13 PM
Kay

Looking for an off-site parking lot that accepts reservations. Preferably one that would also accept coupons during the holidays. One we normally use (Ajax) doesn't allow reservations so we'd like to get in on one that accepts reservations since we'll be traveling out the day before thanksgiving.
And any helpful ideas on where to find the suggested lots coupon would be helpful too.
Thanks to all for your help

Old Aug 27th, 2002, 07:55 PM
Don

Kay,

If you go to AirportParkingLots.com and specify your airport and travel dates, you can theoretically get a reservation.

I say theoretically because SeaTacPark (S. 200th Street and International Blvd) has come up each of the three times I've used this. The first couple of visits, it didn't seem like they had the reservation--it was as if their phone reservations and their Internet reservations weren't in synch. Anyway, it's a large lot and I was able to find space both times. That was several months ago.

The price I paid was $7.99/day via my AirportParkingLots.com reservation. I don't know if you could phone SeaTacPark and get a phone reservation at the same price, but it might be worth a shot. The facility has hundreds of spots available, has a chain-link fence around it, has lights, and has 24-hour shuttle service to and from SeaTac.

Anyway, I've got another reservation there for an upcoming trip, so I'll write again after that and let you know whether their reservation system has been improved. I realize it'd be very important to you when parking the day before Thanksgiving to know that a reservation is good.

Hope this helps...

Old Aug 28th, 2002, 02:09 PM
Paul

We'll be using Masterpark next so will let you know how they are. I'm not sure about their valet service cause leaving my car key (that will be the only key on the ring, btw) makes me nervous. Matter of fact, maybe I'll remove the registration to so they have no idea where we live. In this day and times, you need to be careful

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 12:28 PM
Judy

About Masterpark, we are using them next week but I didn't realize it was valet parking. Has anyone used them? Makes me nervous to leave my car key. All's they have to do is look in my glove box and know where I live.

Old Aug 30th, 2002, 03:04 PM
seattle

Don't know if they take reservations but I always park at Thrifty. They have plenty of buses so you're never waiting to get dropped off/picked up, you can print a coupon from their website for a good rate, it's a well-lit, well-policed lot so I feel safe leaving my car there, and they also do car washing/detailing while you're away if that appeals to you.

Old Sep 4th, 2002, 11:09 AM
Don

Kay,

We used SeaTacPark for the third time this past week. They didn't check our reservation when we got there--we just got the ticket from the machine when we got there.

So I can't say that having a reservation at SeaTacPark has meant anything--we were able to park each time, but none of our visits was during a peak time like Thanksgiving or Christmas. Maybe they have different procedures if they think they're going to be full...