Reload this Page >

Parking at Hilton Fort Lauderdale Beach Resort

Old Feb 6th, 2008, 11:02 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi my babies,
I'm considering this hotel for our December vacation. It looks lovely and the price is right but the parking -- oy vey! $29 a night! Now, considering that the room rates are the best of any of the hotels we're considering, I realize it's still a bargain even including the parking but I just resent it. Other hotels we've stayed at in the area have a $15 or so parking rate.

Does anyone know if there's alternative parking around this hotel and what the rates might be?
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 04:26 AM
jd

As far as I know their really isn't much of an alternative for parking.There are only meters around the hotel, and the public lot is metered as well. I'll be there in a week and a half, staying with points. We usually stay at Lago Mar which you may want to check out. I like the location better, being directly on the beach, and the parking is complimentary.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:18 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, jd. Please post when you come back and let me know what you thought of the hotel. I've figured out that even with the ridiculous parking rates, we'd still do better at the Hilton.

I've looked at Lago Mar but the dates I need in December (20th to 31st) are Xd out and I assume that means not available. They must have their December 'regulars' that book from year to year.

I'd be interested in hearing about Lago Mar. It gets some mixed reviews so I'd like your personal take on it. Maybe if I call, there would be something available that doesn't show on the website.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 08:11 AM
jd

goddess-I've stayed at a lot of hotels in FLL and like Lago Mar the best. It has a totally different "feel" to it than the Hilton.Lago has more of a Caribbean resort feel in that it has really nice tropical grounds and landscaping and has 2 nice pools. Best of all it's on a more private secluded beach which I like, but may not be for everyone.Most rooms are suites although you can get a regular hotel room as well.Beach chairs,internet, and parking are complimentary. We usually stay the 1st week in December,and a week in May. I have never seen it booked up this far in advance for that week in December. You could call to see what is going on then.The pictures of the rooms and furnishings on their website are very accurate. The rooms in the South Building have all been updated and have plasma tv's.I think they are done updating the middle building and are now doing the north building.
I have walked through the Hilton, and went up to the pool area which I thought was very nice. It's on the 7th floor I think and overlooks the beach, although the Hilton is across the street from the beach. There is no landscaping to speak of as there are no grounds to walk around.There are some palm trees around the pool area. I did not see a room.
I'll let you know how it was when I get back.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 11:13 AM
Original Poster

Thanks, jd. I think I'll give Lago Mar a call and see what's up with December.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:00 PM
GoTravel

goddess, I'd stay at the Hilton in a heartbeat!

It is absolutely gorgeous! I was there a couple of weeks ago before it opened and was trying to peek in the windows.

I'd definitely stay there, it is going to be an amazing hotel when it opens and it looks close!

They have studios up to two or three bedroom condos you can rent.

The pool is on the seventh floor or something and it looks out over the ocean. It reminds me of being on a cruise ship.

Have you checked out the St.Regis? I love the view from there also.

Lastly, take a look at the Westin Diplomat. It is really cool.

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 12:48 PM
Original Poster

GoT,
Both of those look gorgeous! But both are more than we want to spend and the rates at the Hilton are great -- maybe because it's new. We probably won't be able to afford to stay there next year!

Are you saying that it's not open yet? Of course, by December I expect (I hope) all the kinks will be worked out, but it does look very nice.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:05 PM
GoTravel

It wasn't open when I was there a couple of weeks ago but looked very very close.

I went online and they are taking reservations for this February so I'd bet they are open.

When they open that hotel, I'm sure they will not have any kinks. It is very very nice!

That is why the rates are so good because it is new. Jump all over it!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:08 PM
GoTravel

I just called and they just opened.

It is gorgeous!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 01:10 PM
Original Poster

I'm booking tonight! Woo hoo!

Come have drinks with us in December, GoT! We'll go to the posh Hilton bar.
Old Feb 7th, 2008, 03:52 PM
GoTravel

Sounds like a winner to me!

We'll go next door to the Champagne Bar at The St.Regis and have cocktails in style!

Or we can head to Cafe Martorano for a serious meal!

Then there is always The Samba Room, Big City Tavern, Tavern Opa, Jackson Steakhouse or Mancinis on Las Olas!

I love Fort Lauderdale! You'll have a wonderful time at that Hilton. The W Hotel on the other side should be open by then!

Old Feb 7th, 2008, 05:36 PM
Original Poster

So, that brings up the question my SO asked me on the way home. Is there construction going on nearby?
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 04:00 AM
jd

GoT
The new Hilton has been open for a while now, so I don't understand why you're saying it wasn't. We were there in May, and walked all through it, and even sat by the pool a bit. It was definitely open, with lots of guests there. We were there in Dec. as well. Could you be thinking of a different hotel?

Goddess-there is definitely construction going on, so I'll let you know how it was when I get back.

I LOVE the restaurants in FLL!! More favorites are Sage French Cafe, Greek Isles Taverena, PaDegenarro's, Ferdo's Grill, and Bravo's.

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 05:29 AM
Original Poster

I was looking at the reviews on TripAdvisor last night (mostly good) and they went back quite a ways too, so I was confused about the opening.

I'm hoping that by the time we go in December, all the construction will be finished.

jd, most of the people mentioning construction said that they couldn't hear it in their rooms and that the pool has piped in music, so construction noise was no problem there either. Regarding the cost of beach chairs, one person said that he'd heard that the hotel was reimbursing that but no one else mentioned it. We're mostly pool users and beach walkers anyway.

How come you're staying at the Hilton this time instead of Lago Mar? And what kind of room did you book? We're probably opting for the king studio oceanview. I'd love oceanfront but that's $$$$$ and I don't have Hilton points.
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 06:32 AM
jd

We're staying at the Hilton this time because we are using points, and then we are going down to Miami for a conference.I'm sure I will like the Hilton a lot, but I just love the tropical grounds at Lago Mar.We booked an ocean view room with 2 double beds since there will be 3 of us. I hear the bathrooms are really nice with huge jacuzzi tubs,and all are suites I think,so we'll see.What kind of price are you getting for December?
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 07:34 AM
Original Poster

I think the oceanview king studio (also the one with 2 queen beds) is $246.50. Plus eight billion dollars a night parking. What are you paying now?
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 09:00 AM
GoTravel

jd, when I called yesterday they said that they opened the last weekend of January. We must be thinking of different Hilton Hotels. I'm talking about the one on A1A between the St. Regis and the W Hotel.

goddess, the only other construction I noticed was the W Hotel but that should also be open soon.

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 09:06 AM
GoTravel

I'm mistaken.

It was the W Hotel I was checking out and the Hilton is next door and has been open since last January.

It is still a very nice hotel!

goddess, did you check rates for the new W Hotel Fort Lauderdale? It is listing a hard opening of October and looks very close.

Old Feb 8th, 2008, 10:32 AM
Original Poster

I don't see it listed on the W website yet. Do you have a web address?
Old Feb 8th, 2008, 05:18 PM
jd

goddess-that seems like a good price for Christmas week. All we have to pay is the $29 for the parking since we are using points. I think that price is ridiculous as well, but that's what all the high end places seem to be charging these days. I'll let you know about the construction. I think the Trump Tower may be going up on one side of it, but I'm not sure.

GoT-I'm glad you cleared that up. I was starting to think I was losing my mind!!!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -