Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Park Hyatt in Washington or Hyatt InnerHarbor Baltimore, questions.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 07:55 AM
nina

We are stopping there for a night on our way home from down south. Are there any restaurants you can recommend that would be good for kids? Also, it states on the website that it is close to Georgetown. I would love to take a stroll through but am wondering just how close this hotel is to it. Within walking distance? how far?

My other alternative is to stay at the Hyatt in the InnerHarbor in Baltimore. Is this a better spot for close-by sightseeing and restaurants? We will be arriving around 6:30 in the evening and leaving the following morning, so want to be in a spot with something to do/see very close by.

I have free nights at Hyatt am trying to use them. Thanks for the help.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:33 AM
plummie

Park Hyatt in D.C. is an excellent choice. They will often upgrade to a suite if available. Georgetown is a very short walk across the Rock Creek bridge maybe three blocks. Should be less than a mile to the major intersection in Georgetown of M street and Wisconsin Avenue.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 08:41 AM
nina

Thanks plummie, I love walking around Georgetown. Any restaurant rec's?

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:13 AM
hmb

I have never been to Georgetown, but I live in Baltimore and can tell you the Hyatt is within walking distance to several restaurants and attractions. Camden Yards, the Science Center, aquaium. You can take the water taxi from the Inner Harbor to several locations including Fells Point(more restaurants, shopping) and Canton. The Hyatt is also within walking distanee to Federal Hill where you can take in views of the city skyline.

Like I said, I can't speak for Georgetown, but the Hyatt Inner Harbor is definately close to lots of attractions.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:16 AM
Donna

My vote goes to the Hyatt Inner Harbor. We enjoyed it enormously last fall. There's a walkway from the hotel to Harbor Place where there's a good sized food court, lots of restaurants, and down a ways a Cheesecake Factory (right on the harbor). Or, you can take the water shuttle over to Falls Points and any number of other stops, for fabulous views and even more dining choices.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 09:17 AM
nina

HMB, I was reading about Fells point. Is it a nice neighborhood of row houses? That is what I'd be interested in seeing if we went there. thanks for replying.

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 12:27 PM
hmb

Fells Point is mostly antique shops, speciality shops, bars and restaurants. There is a small local theater (Vagabond) on Broadway. Might be neat to catch a show there. There are some interesting and expensive rowhouses there. During the day, you can walk from Fells Point to Little Italy (a nice place to walk around). For delicious dessert, check out Vaccaros.

In Fells Point, most attractions are on two main streets: Thames and Broadway. Thames is a cobblestone street.

Let me know if you need more info.!

Old Jul 29th, 2002, 01:53 PM
nina

Thank you. Since I've been to Georgetown several times, I think I'll try Baltimore. Always good to explore new places.