Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Park Hotel, Hot Springs, AR (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/park-hotel-hot-springs-ar-426015/)

miss_world Apr 26th, 2004 11:04 PM

Park Hotel, Hot Springs, AR

We're thinking about staying here in late June. I can't find ANY information on it anywhere - it's listed as a AAA three diamond hotel but AAA doesn't list it online or in their guide book. Anybody know ANYTHING that might help before I make a reservation? Thanks.

japw82 Apr 27th, 2004 05:29 AM

It is now called the Austin Hotel. I stayed there when it was the Park Hilton about 10 years ago and the rooms were average. There is a brand new Embassy Suites downtown that would be a better choice.

miss_world Apr 27th, 2004 11:36 PM

Thanks, but I'm actually interseted in the Historic Park Hotel on Fountain street. The Ausitn is nearby but this one was never a Hilton.

SusanCS Apr 28th, 2004 09:19 AM

If it's the hotel on the side street next to the Arlington, I've heard it's nothing special...just an inexpensive hotel in a convenient area.

jsolo50 Apr 28th, 2004 09:26 AM

we stayed at this hotel about 5 years ago,needed much updating

jekler Feb 24th, 2005 06:37 AM

We stayed at the Velda Rose hotel a couple of years ago,it was pretty nice and not too expensive. It got 4 out of 5 stars according to reviews on yahoo. The Arlington was really cool,they say it's haunted.

lrunion Mar 20th, 2006 08:08 PM

Please go to the Arlington's website and get the family special room rate. If you like old hotels, wonderfully friendly people,and a superb hot springs spa that is the place for you. The mineral bath was excellent. The park is directly across the street and you can hike, jog, walk, and dip your hands in the hot springs. The Arlington is great.

Marly10 Jun 21st, 2010 12:04 PM

I just joined and I have stayed at the Park Hotel. So this answer is about 4 years late. Better late than never!
Their webpages:
parkhotelhotsprings.com

It is up the street from the Arlington. At half the price. The new owners of 4 years have done a lot of improvements.
They also run the "Angels in the Park" Italian Bistro located on the ground floor. They are from New York and Miami. JoAnn (Owner) ran the Colony Hotel Restaurant in South Beach Miami 12 years ago. (John) restores historic buildings. Nice pair.

The food was the best I have had. The staff was very nice and know the city well.
The place was clean.
They also have another Rest. on Central Avenue called "Angels" (Over ten years). Owners live in the Park Hotel in the penthouse. This is a real family run business which made me feel at home. It is on the National Register of Historic Places. I had a clean room facing the National Park for 79.00. A bargain and yet charming. You could do a lot worse. I had booked through expedia yet the regular rates were the same. So book direct on their website. Hope that helped.