Park City/Salt Lake itinerary review

Old May 2nd, 2021, 12:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Park City/Salt Lake itinerary review

Hello,

Have about 5.5 days between Park City and Salt Lake. Arriving Monday week after this one, around 11 am into SLC. Heading to Park City through Wednesday afternoon, then Salt Lake till Saturday lunch time before flying about.

Most of my questions are about sights, with a couple of restaurant ones. My hobbies include art galleries and museums, eating and drinking, and a good power-walk. Will not have a car.

Basically, I may have a little "too much" time in Park City (but many restaurants to try, even though some are closed for the season!) and "not enough in Salt Lake City".

Questions: (1) Would welcome any ideas for Monday and/or Tuesday. Can of course walk around Main Street, and I think there are some galleries there too. But maybe too much time or need more sights to see. A hike would be nice
(2) How long will the two main Utah museums/gardens take me? Wondering if I can make say a 1:30 or 2 pm lunch back in Salt Lake
(3) How "worth it" is Table X?
4) How "worth it" would a 4 hour tour to antelope island be? Note: Looks like this is not available. I can take a 2 hour Salt Lake lake tour which might be okay?

Park City:

Monday

Arrive. Lunch at 501
Park City Museum
Coffee at Atticus
drink at high west or the cabin
Dinner at Riverhorse on Main

Tuesday:
Breakfast at Five5eeds
Kimball Art Center
Maybe bite at Harvest?
Old Town Cellars
High West Saloon for dinner - looks like is walk-up only now

Wednesday

Breakfast/brunch at the Bridge

Head to Salt LakeCity Creek Park

Temple Square and church

Brigham Young monument

Capitol tour – till 4

Council Hall

Cathedral of Madeline

BTG drink

Current for dinner

Gallivan Plaza

Public Library

Thursday

Museum of Fine Arts and Red Butte and Olympic Cauldron Park (I think the latter is closed?)

White Horse for lunch

Pioneer Park – quickly

Bar X

Table X for dinner

Friday

Antelope island tour - 4 hours? Looks like the tour company has closed, so this may be a NVM. Could do a 2 hour Salt Lake lake tour 3-5 pm

Freshies Lobster

Liberty Park

Post Office Place for a drink

Eva

Saturday 5/15

Joseph Smith Memorial Building

City Creek Center

Campos - is this a bad idea on a weekend?

Bruges Belgian

Flight at 2:15 pm

Last edited by JoeTro; May 2nd, 2021 at 01:28 PM.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 05:35 PM

Check out High West to make sure they are open. Actually, check out every Park City restaurant to make sure it is open. You can hike up the ski runs but it could be really muddy. You can hike around Round Valley--lots of trails. Most of Temple Square is closed--they are doing lots of renovations and it is all fenced off. You might be able to tour the Beehive House, that is interesting. Check on the Cathedral of the Madeline--they have a 5:15 mass every day. Not sure if that is remote or in person but even if it is remote, the church will be closed for visits. I would not go to the Library after dinner--that area has a very high concentration of homeless people. Check the hours as well. I think they just started letting people into the building. If you want to see Pioneer Park, then just to to Caputos for Lunch--amazing sandwiches!!!! (or Bruges is right there as well) Pioneer Park is pretty gross unless it is a farmers market weekend. Liberty Park is a true gem-you will love it. I recommend the Aviary, it's really cool. Freshies is good, but you could also go to Pig in a Jelly Jar or Traditions.

The Museum of Fine Arts will take an hour--it's small. Red Butte Gardens is really nice and you can see that in 1-2 hours. Then, head across the street to the Museum of Natural History. The building itself is amazing and the exhibits are top notch.

I wouldn't tour Antelope Island. You could check out the Planetarium, that's sort of interesting. Or hike up City Creek Canyon to the top. Or hike the Bonnevile Shoreline Trail (which you can access from Red Butte Garden/The Natural Museum of History) Or walk around the lower Avenues neighborhood--awesome architecture. Or move the Council Hall and Cathedral and the Library to the morning you have the tour planned.

I don't see Water Witch on your list of places for drinks--it is an amazing cocktail place. Very small bar but excellent. Table X, meh. I prefer Pago in the 9th and 9th district--just get an uber. Great food and a fun place to walk around. Or you could go to the Copper Onion, which is downtown--really nice.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 06:51 PM
Original Poster

Thank you. Copper Onion was on my list. High West is open. Several Park City ones are not. Sad.

I appreciate your recommendations and will have to review them. Boo about Temple Square - I'll walk around to see as much as I can. Beehive House is closed.
Old May 2nd, 2021, 07:54 PM
Original Poster

Think May swap Table X for Handle since is closed in park city
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:25 AM

Originally Posted by JoeTro
Think May swap Table X for Handle since is closed in park city
Yes, great idea! It's HSL or something like that in SLC, but it is excellent!
Old May 3rd, 2021, 06:29 AM

Joe--it's mud season in Park City. After the resorts close for winter and it's too muddy to do anything else, the town shuts down and everyone goes to the desert for a month! It's one of the joys of living here-you just drive north or south to do different outdoors sports! It's actually why I moved here.