Search

Palm Springs- Rancho Mirage

Search this Thread

Old Jan 13th, 2006, 04:49 PM
mrt
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Palm Springs- Rancho Mirage

Can someone provide suggestions for a resort in the area for a family of 4 (teenager and pre-teen) for 4-5 days in July/Aug. Preferred price range under $250 per night. The only one I know a little about is the Westin Mission Hills. Thank you
Old Jan 13th, 2006, 10:20 PM

In the heat of the summer, the rates go way down, so you will be able to find something nice. In Palm Desert check out the Marriott Desert Springs, the Hyatt or Esmeralda. All have great pools and public areas.
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 09:34 AM

Marriott's Rancho Las Palmas is right across from the River shopping center. There are condos there as well as the resort.
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 01:14 PM

My bet is that kids would prefer the Marriott DS over La Palmas. The pool area and overall water theme is much nicer, especially in the summer.

And the other poster is right---the rates can be screaming good that time of year, especially if you look for package get-a-way type deals.

Westin would be ok too and they used to (and may still) have a water slide that was popular for the kids, not sure.

But it is harder to go wrong at Marriott DS in my opinion.

Great summer activities for kids include the tram and Knott's Soak City. The latter is a real 'hang' for local and visiting teens during summer...

PSL
Old Jan 14th, 2006, 07:14 PM

Of the three I mentioned, Marriott DS would be the best in the middle of summer. The huge lobby would provide much entertainment, with the boats, and water in the middle of it. Lots of places to sit and people watch.
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 06:45 AM

How about a 2 bedroom condo, pool right outside the door. 5 minutes from Rancho Mirage and right on Tahquitz golf course. Stayed many times myself. If interested let me know and I will give you the number to contact the owner. Dh
Old Feb 16th, 2006, 07:05 AM

I 2nd or 3rd the idea that the Marriott DS is better than Rancho Las Palmas. The Renaissance Esmerelda also has a nice pool area, and would be a better choice than Las Palmlas but I think the Westin's pool with slide might be best.