Palm Springs - a swim for me and my dogs?

Old May 7th, 2002, 12:34 PM
Sari

Palm Springs - a swim for me and my dogs?

Hey,

I have been reading A LOT of useful and interesting info on this site! Great!

My question now is...

Where in Palm Springs can a person swim if she is not staying in a hotel, resort etc. And are there any places where my dogs could swim? They love swimming and can use some cooling off too.

And if anyone has any tips about renting an apartment I am interested... (inexpensive)

Thanks in advance!

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:07 AM
Sari

I hope that the PS local will see this... she/he has been very helpful here.

Or anybody else for that matter.

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:19 PM
PS Local

Hi Sari:

There are some great pools in Desert Hot Springs. One place is called the Desert Spa Hotel, where for as little as $3, you can soak in a number of hot (geothermal) and cold pools all day and just hang out. They also have spa treatments, if you feel like it.

If you rent an apt. chances that they will have a pool there are high. Most places do. For rentals, try the Desert Sun online http://www.thedesertsun.com/realestate/

If you find something in your budget, ask me about it and I will try to give you the lowdown on the area, neighborhood etc.

The dog thing is a bit tougher. Unfortunately, it has been so dry that there is not a lot of snowmelt from the San Jacinto mountains in the washes this year. There is not a lot of public surface water out here, mostly golf course lakes where you would have to sneak on. Another possibility is Lake Cahuilla County Park near La Quinta, but not sure if they allow dogs. I would suggest the Salton Sea, but I am not sure I would be doing you a favor. Our dog is in the pool all the time in the summer but occasionally he gets a trip to Big Bear Lake (+/- 1:45 min.) to swim there. Or the coast is about two hours away.

Best of travels.
PSL

Old May 13th, 2002, 03:28 PM
Faina

PS, are dogs allowed in the Desert Spa? I was thinking of going there later this year, now having 2nd thoughts...

Old May 13th, 2002, 09:55 PM
PS Local

Faina, I don't think so..other than maybe the human variety whose tails are clipped.

PSL