Paley's Place vs. Bluehour/Portland,OR

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 10th, 2004, 06:28 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Any opinions on these two places? I've narrowed it down to these places for our one dinner in Portland in a few days.

Any feedback appreciated. TIA!! ***kim***
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 05:58 PM

I don't know, but we were disappointed with Southpark Seafood (we usually eat at the Heathman). The bar at Southpark might be fun--at least the hamburgers looked good. And the calamari is delicious at Southpark. Where are you staying?
Old Jun 11th, 2004, 10:47 PM

kimamom, we are going to Portland in a few weeks, and one of our friends was just there. She RAVED about Blue Hour. Said the atmosphere was wonderful and the food divine. We're planning to check it out in July. Sorry, no info on Paley's Place.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 07:51 AM

Kim~I've eaten at the Bluehour a few times and really like it. Do try the scallop appetizer. It's a big dining room(rather like in a warehouse) but the acoustics are ok. It's an eclectic crowd. We're heading back to Portland late July and I asked my friend there about Paley's. His reply was that it has been around for 10 years and has very good food. It's romantic in his words and he thought our gang of 6 might overpower the place-not so at the Bluehour. Depending on what you are looking for, either one might suit the bill.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 08:36 AM

Pam, it looks like Faina, you and I will all miss each other in Portland by a few days.
Old Jun 12th, 2004, 01:17 PM

Marilyn~Enjoy the Bluehour! If it's open, check out Bullseye Glass across the street.
Old Jun 14th, 2004, 08:34 AM
Original Poster

We dined at Paley's on Fri. night and I loved it. We sat outside on the gorgeous front porch, complete with flowers and heat lamps. We needed to be outside to keep in eye on my sleeping daughter (weary traveler) in the car. I noticed Wildwood is right across the street from Paley's. If we couldn't see the car, we were going to go to Wildwood, it was still early so we could get seated right away.

I was glad I chose Paley's. The service was amazing (two servers doting on us & the owner came out to speak with us). I will post a full dining report on Chowhound later. It's a not-to-miss place while in Portland. Very romantic, warming and special experience here. Just what the doctor orderd after our experience at Cucina Biazzi the previous night. ***kim***
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 09:24 AM
Original Poster

Well, we did have dinner at the Bluehour on Fri.night. Now I won't leave Portland without a meal here. It was amazing, beautiful place, excellent service and WONDERFUL food! The potato gnocchi was the BEST! Dinner for five was just under $200 and worth every cent!!!

The profiteroles with black cherry ice cream and rich chocolate syrup were also a huge hit! Will defeinitely be back here. Next place to try: Higgins and Clarklewis!! ***kim***
Old Jul 20th, 2004, 09:42 AM

I've heard good things about two Italian restaurants--Giorgio's and casual Three Doors Down. Has anybody eaten at these places.