Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Packing and Repacking. What IS the weather REALLY like right now in Boston and Cape Cod?

Search

Packing and Repacking. What IS the weather REALLY like right now in Boston and Cape Cod?

Search this Thread

Old Jun 15th, 2001, 09:02 PM
Jacque

We leave for Boston and Cape Cod tomarrow. I look on the internet and it says it will be in the 70's. Nice right?? THEN I hear it's cool on Cape Cod this time of year. THEN I read about how hot and humid it is in Boston. HELP! I need to pack for 3 kids and don't want to bring stuff I don't need or not have enough of something. Trivial question I know but you've all been so helpful. Thanks!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 03:46 AM
gail

Sorry - all of the above are true. At this moment it is 80 degrees and unbelievably humid and getting worse. Tonight a cold front the the remnants of Tropical Storm somebody are coming through with rain and cooling off for the upcoming week. As a rule, the coastal areas around Boston are generally about 5-10 degrees cooler than inland, and the Cape can be about 5 degrees cooler than that. Also, the Cape may stay cloudier/foggier more of the day and therefore be cooler. Bring summer clothes but also pack a pair of long pants and a sweater/sweatshirt. The weather here can be bizarre - 2 weeks ago I was wearing a wool sweater to the bus stop.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 09:36 AM
Beth

Hi!
Next week is supposed to be beautiful here; but you'll probably arrive in the rain. We are wilting with HHH right now, but Mon-Wed should be sunny, dry, and 80's! I'd suggest summer clothes (shorts & t's, bathing suit) for day plus jacket or sweatshirt and long pants for night. The saying here is: If you dont like the weather, wait a minute. Hope you have a great trip!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 03:59 PM
rlk

Jacque:

You didn't say where you are coming from --- that may affect what your perception of the temps are.

Right now I'm sitting in Dallas, Texas and those 70 degree temps sound MIGHTY NICE & COOL. But then when I think about growing up in Boston area (Quincy) I also remember that humidity can get icky, sticky.

Gail's description is right on the money. Weather can vary quite a bit; and particularly when going from Boston to the Cape.

Pack shorts & at least 1 light weight pair of pants for kids; AND definitely, bring a long sleeved sweater or sweatshirt.

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 05:38 PM
Jacque

thanks for all the help. We're coming from the bay area in California so any extremes are rare for us!

Old Jun 16th, 2001, 06:27 PM
mimi taylor

right now at this moment it is so hot, abot 88, unlike some places it is the humidity that is so bad. It might be raining on the cape, but you don't need heavy clothing,a sweather for cool evenings....have a wonderful trip ,,,the bike trail in p-town is extra special.