Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Packer game hotel on the bus line. (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/packer-game-hotel-on-the-bus-line-1028176/)

ziggypop Oct 18th, 2014 01:24 PM

Packer game hotel on the bus line.

Hi, four of us are going to a Monday night game at Lambeau Field. Does anyone know of a hotel that is near one of the bus lines that does not cost $300 per room? Two beds per room and clean are my only other requirements.

logandog Oct 18th, 2014 02:03 PM

At this very moment I am sitting in my room at The Milwaukee Athletic Club looking forward to my bus trip tomorrow to watch The Packers play The Panthers.
Google tells me I am .92 miles from the bus depot at the Amtrak station and it will take me 17 minutes to get there.
I paid 35 bucks round trip after deciding that Milwaukee was a more interesting place to spend the night than Green Bay.
Other than the thirty something temperature and my 5am wake- up call I am excited to go.
I have a spacious room with a king bed for 135.00 per night and the club facilities are very nice.
Sorry, I have to walk to the Old German Beer Hall right now, I let you know how the bus ride goes.

FrankS Oct 21st, 2014 05:13 AM

There arent that many hotel rooms in Green Bay,as its a small metro. As soon as the NFL schedule comes out, the hotels book up, but people do cancel. Keep checking, I like the Aloft if I stay the night BEFORE the game, and the Hampton Inn if I stay the day of the game..

btw: there are several inexpensive hotels around the Hampton Inn, and while they look far from the stadium, its really and easy walk with bars and restaurants along the way, whereas the Aloft really isnt walkable

ziggypop Oct 21st, 2014 06:04 PM

Thanks, all of the hotels I called have a two night minimum policy. (even the airport hotels) We may stay in a neighboring town that has a shuttle for $20.00 per person.

JanetKMR Oct 22nd, 2014 07:05 AM

Have a great time!! We have the two night minimum to content with when we get rooms in Blacksburg for Va Tech games.

logandog Oct 22nd, 2014 07:29 AM

I stayed in Milwaukee because there are lots good restaurants and other attractions.
Airport access is easy as well.

WhereAreWe Oct 22nd, 2014 09:46 AM

I don't think a Milwaukee hotel is a good option for a Monday NIGHT game. You're looking at a two hour (minimum) bus ride back to the hotel. They won't get to their hotel until after midnight.

Stick with something in a surrounding town and pay for the $20 shuttle.

ziggypop Oct 23rd, 2014 03:28 AM

Thanks logandog but the guy that won the tickets wants to stay in Green Bay. I enjoyed my vacation to Milwaukee but Wherearewe wins this one. I found something in Appleton that will work. It's not Green Bay but it's not a two night minimum either. I am going to book it today.

logandog Oct 23rd, 2014 09:27 AM

Yeah, being a night game changes the logistics.
Dress warm and don't miss the tailgating scene.

ziggypop Dec 11th, 2014 07:34 PM

A finishing note to our trip. We stayed in a La Quinta hotel on west College avenue in Appleton for our trip. Very nice hotel for the money. We also took a bus from 'The Bar' for $20 each, a 50 minute ride. The game time temps were 37 degrees F so it was very mild for an evening game. I was overdressed but happy to be too warm.