Reload this Page >

Pacific Terrace Hotel or Paradise Point Resort, San Diego - can't decide

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 04:21 PM
Lubi

Has anyone stayed at either the Pacific Terrace Hotel or the Paradise Point Resort in San Diego? I need to decide which to book and can't decide. What are the pros and cons of each hotel? Thanks for any help you can give me...

Old Oct 31st, 2002, 06:30 PM
janet

Both are very nice properties but I would choose Pacific Terrace. Paradise Point you would have to get in your car to go anywhere. Pacific Terrace is on the ocean in Pacific Beach an easy walk to restaurants, nightclubs, the Boardwalk where you could rent bikes, skates, etc. I haven't stayed in either property as I live in Mission Beach.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 02:51 AM
xxx

I also have not stayed in either property but I know of someone who stayed at Pacific Terrace and enjoyed the location very much as it is on the beach. You can walk to restaurants and more acitivites. Paradise Point is not in the most convenient location. Somewhat isolated. I would go with the Terrace.

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 06:52 AM
x

no doubt, pacific terrace

Old Nov 1st, 2002, 07:32 AM
Susan

I vote no on Paradise Point. We stayed there and wished we'd stayed somewhere else. It is far from everything.

Old Nov 2nd, 2002, 03:24 PM
Avalon

We stayed at the Pacific Terrace April 2001 with out then 9 and 5 year old. The hotel was great. I recommend the junior suite room with the kitchen so all meals don't have to be at restaurants. The pool is nice, lots to do on the boardwalk. Buy wetsuits if you plan on ocean swimming. My son was sick towards the end of our vacation and the maid service and front desk could not have been more helpful. I highly recommend this hotel. It's convenient to Sea World, Balboa Park and La Jolla.