We are coming to the States in May to visit our daughter in NYC. After that, on the Tuesday after Memorial day, we want to do a road trip to the OBX. Now, we both love walking, sightseeing, history, the sea, beaches good food, photography. We don't like people, crowds, overspending (money relatively tight). Don't do watersports unfortunately.
My plan is as follows
Tues Drive down to Chincoteague, stay 1 night
Weds Thursday Stay somewhere KillDevil and do sights
Friday Saturday Stay on Roanoke and do Raleigh, Play, Elizabeth Gdns and local points
Sunday I night Buxton
Monday Tuesday Ocracoke
Weds Ferry to Swan Quarter and drive to Richmond
Thursday Drive to Philadelphia
Friday Drive to JFK, flight out 22.30
We have on the itinerary
Currituck Wildlife Refuge
Jockey Ridge State Park
Pea Island Reserve
All the lighthouses
Graveyard of the Atlantic Museum
Can someone comment please on whether this is reasonable, but also, not sure of the trip back.
Are there reasonable places to stop rather than Richmond or Philadelphia, we want more historic or nature places, rather than big cities?
Can't wait, thank you so much!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 2 Kauai for a week: advice needed
- 3 Our next summer trip
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 6 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 7 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 8 Advice Nashville to Washington D.C please!
- 9 February trip San Fran to Yosemite...
- 10 glacier national park to yellowstone route
- 11 Where to Eat on Kauai?
- 12 Muir Woods - new rules
- 13 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 14 Will Travel for Food - A Long Weekend in Philly to try a restaurant
- 15 Padre Islands
- 16 Brooklyn dinner? Bronx Breakfast? And opinions on the zoo?
- 17 safe travel idea within US to travel alone with preteen daughter and Mom
- 18 NASHVILLE
- 19 Nj to Charleston SC during Christmas bestate way
- 20 4 days in San Diego
- 21 Copper - How many open runs usually open in December at Copper Mountain?
- 22 Lodging locations in Miami for an overnight visit
- 23 Restaurants - NYC Financial District
- 24 Hard Rock Stadium - transportation to stadium or parking?
- 25 Galveston