Reload this Page >

Rosemary beach or Seaside rental?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2001, 06:52 AM
Cheri

Has anyone rented a cottage at Rosemary Beach or Seaside? Is there enough to do there for a week? What is the weather like in March? What other attractions are in the area? Thanks for the info!

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:11 AM
xxx

Arw you asking about Oregon?

Old May 29th, 2001, 07:51 AM
marilyn

The success of Seaside has spawned tons of development in the Panhandle area east of Destin, including Rosemary Beach, which is further out on county road 30A. I personally prefer Seaside, but some would say it has gotten too developed and crowded. Rosemary Beach is still pretty new looking. The quality of the cottages is very high, and there are lots of restaurants, shopping, etc. Example: 5 years ago renting in Seaside, sushi was impossible to locate in that part of Florida. Now, no problem. The beaches are beautiful, and you can really relax. The weather is not great in March: still pretty chilly to really enjoy the beach, and it usually rains some of the time in my experience.

Old May 29th, 2001, 03:02 PM
Linda

To be totally honest, unless you like laying on the beach (and a bikini will not be enough to keep you warm), I wouldn't spend a week at either Rosemary Beach or Seaside. Weather should be in the 50s/60s. Too cold to swim. And there is not a lot to do in either location, attraction-wise. They are both great, but I'd suggest Seaside for ambience. These are great places to chill out and get away from the cold winters of the north. Peace, quiet, and a good book may be your idea of a great vacation. If you are willing to drive the 3/4 hour to Panama City Beach you will find things going on, though mostly for the younger crowd. There is decent shopping in Destin, less than 1 hour in the other direction. Pensacola is less than two hours away and there is quite a bit to do there. The other side of Panama City, about 1 hr away is Apalachicola, with beautiful old homes, adn there are great bird watching points between Panama City and Apalachicola. Another popular thing to do is deep sea fishing thru charter boats. But basically, the Florida Panhandle experience is a quiet, beach existence, except during Spring Break--then all heck breaks loose, expecially in the city beach areas.

Old May 30th, 2001, 08:45 AM
Cheri

Thanks to all for your helpful replies!