Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Orlando Hotel (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/orlando-hotel-679977/)

sfarquhar Feb 15th, 2007 04:45 AM

Orlando Hotel

Has anyone stayed at the Radisson Orlando or can someone recommend a nice, reasonable hotel for family outside of WDW? Or, should we pay extra and stay at a hotel in the WDW resort? My son and two grandkids (10 & 11) plan on going mid to late June.

NeoPatrick Feb 15th, 2007 04:50 AM

I'm a big fan of staying on the grounds, so it is easier to go back to the room once or even twice during the day to freshen up or relax a while. The best times in the parks are when they open and just before they close. Having to pack up for the day and not return to your hotel is a big pain.

jax129 Feb 15th, 2007 05:04 AM

There are hotels near Downtown Disney that are still on Disney property so you get free bus service to all the parks. Best Western has a nice one as does Hilton. The road is Hotel Plaza Blvd. And it's technically in Lake Buena Vista, not Orlando.

tracys2cents Feb 15th, 2007 06:47 AM

If they're flying in...the free magical express transportation to a Disney hotel will save them $100 in round-trip shuttle fees over the Radisson, I think.
All Star Sports has small rooms but two double beds and are just fine for 3 guys. The earlier in June they go, the less crowded it will be.

steviegene Feb 15th, 2007 07:51 AM

I liked staying on the resort. Even if it is more money it is worth it to me. The convenience of transportation is great, and you can go back to your room during the hottest hours of the afternoon for a dip in the pool (this is the key to sanity in busy, hot summertime disney). If you are only going to WDW I would recommend not renting a car and just staying on property in one of the moderate resorts.

motor_city_girl Feb 15th, 2007 07:59 AM

Plus they can get the dining plan too.

sfarquhar Feb 15th, 2007 04:11 PM

Thanks to all who responded. You convinced me...we'll stay at a WDW resort.

Danteandrandallsmom Jun 18th, 2007 08:12 AM

During our last trip to Orlando, my family and I stayed at a place called the Mystic Dunes Resort which was right outside of Disney. The rooms were like one bedroom apartments, and even have kitchens. They have a regular golf course and mini-golf course. Even though the mini golf course wasn't like one of the huge courses you'd find at the theme parks or in the other tourist areas, the kids had a blast. My kids also tired themselves out playing on the water slide at one of the pools. If you're also looking to purchase tickets to Disney or Universal, you can find deals on a package from seeanddo.com. I found them while shopping around on the internet and it worked out well. HTH!

Danteandrandallsmom Jun 18th, 2007 08:13 AM

Oops - sorry, missed your response and didn't see that you decided to stay at Disney. Hope you have fun on your trip!