I am looking at spending 3 days in Orlando 27-29 October 2011, then travelling on to Charleston/Savannah, DC then NY. My only reason for doing Orlando is my partner is crazy for Space exploration, and I thought the Kennedy Space Centre would be worth a visit. I understand that the space shuttle program is now ended, but I am sure there is lots there to see.
All I can see when I research Orlando is DIsneyworld, which is of NO interest to me.
Should I just allow 1 day to see the Space Centre and move on, or skip it altogether and maybe settle for the space centre in DC which I hear is quite good.
Any thoughts would be appreciated
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 2 4 days in San Diego
- 3 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 6 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 7 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 8 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 9 NY theater district restaurant
- 10 Trip to Cali
- 11 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 12 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 13 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 14 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 15 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 16 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 17 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 18 Big Sur weather in early December
- 19 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 20 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 21 Our next summer trip
- 22 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 23 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 24 Dulles to BWI
- 25 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?