Go Back  Fodor's Forum > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page > Oregon/Washington Itenerary help needed....
Notices

Oregon/Washington Itenerary help needed....

Jun 12th, 2011, 10:47 AM
Original Poster

Oregon/Washington Itenerary help needed....

I realize these are pretty big states, and we will only be able to see a bit in each. But we have all our stays, flights and rental car reserved.

Our trip is from July 20-27. We have a house rented in Bend, Oregon, for four nights, starting July 20.

We definitely have Crater Lake on our short list of must sees. Actually, that's all we have on the must-see list.

We need suggestions for the rest of the time. We like outdoors, wildlife, but no skiing. We're more viewers, not doers. What else would be at the top of your list to see, within driving distance of Bend?

The other three nights are in Packwood, Washington. We have Mt St Helens on our short list of must sees.
We need suggestions for the rest of the time. What else would be at the top of your list to see, within driving distance of Packwood?

I realize seven nights aren't nearly enough time, but please offer us suggestions.
Jun 12th, 2011, 12:24 PM

Where are you coming from to arrive in Bend? I live 50 miles south of Bend so you will be coming within a mile of my home on your way to Crater Lake. Hopefully the north entrance will be open by July 20.
Do you want to see the High Desert or the Cascades?
Lots to see in the Bend area. You'll just miss the Sisters Quilt Show.
Jun 12th, 2011, 02:51 PM

The top attractions in OR and WA include the OR Coast, the Columbia River Gorge (WA & OR), and Mt. Rainier. Here is a link to a guide for Bend and Sunriver OR: http://www.frommers.com/destinations/bendandsunriver/

HTTY

Search this Thread