Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Opportunity to Relocate: Leavanworth, KS or Terre Haute, IND.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 08:54 AM
Robert

Right now I'm in Marion, Illinois. However, because of an incentive program, I have an opportunity to relocate to a better location.

I've got an opportunity to relocate to either Leavanworth, Kansas or Terre Haute, Indiana. Cost of living isn't a concern for me. (My expenses are covered.)

Just wondering, where are the locals more friendly?

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:20 AM
Dr. Bitterpants

Terre Haute... "a better location?" Pardon me as I choke back my tears of laughter.

Don't get me wrong: TH has some very nice midwestern people and quality of schools, shopping, etc. aren't bad. You'll find some nice state parks about 1 hour away. But the air quality "stinks" and is polluted due to manufacturing and industry. Major truckstop area, too. It has ALWAYS been referred to as the "armpit of Indiana" as long as I've been in Indy and Chicago. But at least it's not Gary, IN!!

(Sorry TH-ers... just reporting the facts!)

Only been to Leavanworth, KS, twice, so don't have much knowledge to make a fair comparison; but I like the cattle industry & old west cowtown history they have there.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 09:57 AM
birdman

robert,

pretty funny post, TROLL. robert stroud died in alcatraz years ago. so that means you must just like living in federal prison towns. terre haute isn't bad because there are college girls.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:07 AM
Robert

I was wondering how long it would take for someone to get the joke. However, not prison towns prisons.

I put in some subtle references, as
Marion, Leavenworth and Terre Haute are prison locations. Thought someone would realize the meaning of "cost of living isn't a concern, My expenses are covered.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:14 AM
Jail

Aim higher Robert - try for Lewisburg PA.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:18 AM
looking

As we all know, it is not the entire community that makes a place good to live, but rather that small, special circle of friends you acquire and spend most of your special time with.

Just stay away from Texas. I've heard the lifespan is shorter there.

Old Mar 22nd, 2002, 10:18 AM
Dr. Bitterpants

"God, I AM the fool!" he says, slapping his forhead. "Stoopid, stoopid, stoopid!"

Congratulations and I am thoroughly humbled by thou art! (And to think I used to troll this site before THINKING I was just sending useful information .)

It may be time to re-release Mr. Killjoy back upon the world...