Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Opinion on Two Hotels in Jacksonville, FL near the Mayo Clinic.

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2019, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Two properties have availability for the dates I need. (I have membership with Hyatt and Hilton.) The properties are: Hyatt Town Place @ St. John's Town Center, Town Center Pkwy., and the Hilton Garden Inn, JTB/Deerwood Park, Gate Parkway. If anyone has a comment or recommendation on these hotels, I would appreciate hearing from you.

I am not familiar with this area of Jacksonville.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 11:28 AM

I don't know either hotel, but the Hyatt is within easy walking distance of St. John's Town Center - an upscale shopping area with lots of restaurants, so that would probably be my choice!
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 11:52 AM

Received 22 Likes on 4 Posts
Doesn’t the Mayo Clinic have a hotel on it’s property? They do in MN and AZ. You get a reduced rate, and can change your reservation at the last minute without any penalties. Phoenix campus has a Residence Inn and Scottsdale campus a Courtyard by Marriott. We like that they are walkable to and from appointments, hospital visits though they also offer shuttles.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 12:52 PM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
I would think the Mayo Clinic would have a hotel but have stayed at the Hyatt and the shopping plaza there is very nice and good places to eat.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 03:22 PM
Original Poster

The Mayo Clinic was only used as a reference point. We are not going to be there for the hospital. Thank you for your response.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 03:24 PM
Original Poster

I may have not been clear enough. The properties themselves is what I am asking about. Sometimes people who live in an area are more knowledgable than hotel guests.
Old Oct 13th, 2019, 10:52 PM

We have visited family in Marsh Landing which is very near the Mayo Clinic Area and we have stayed at The Hampton Inn near the Marsh Landing gates. I think it is called Hampton Inn Mayo/Marsh Landing. It is a Hilton Property and we have been very happy with our stays there. If you don't need to be near that area then I would strongly recommend the Hyatt near St John's Town Center as that is a great area for shopping and dining. Traffic can be busy, busy near the Town Center.
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 06:03 AM

Received 12 Likes on 7 Posts
My Goddaughters wert to Uni in the area and we would go up for games and stay there. We like it for the places to eat more than shopping after a game.
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 06:51 AM
Original Poster

Cali, I looked at Google Earth to find Marsh Landing. It is a very short distance from the Glen Kernan community where we will be visiting family. Your information was very helpful in helping get my bearings. The Hyatt Place near St. John's Town Center is my choice for our 2-night stay. Plus, the Hyatt offers breakfast included in the room rate, Hilton does not.

Thanks to everyone for responding.
Old Oct 14th, 2019, 09:03 PM

i_am_kane, you will enjoy The Hyatt Place I am sure. We are not breakfast eaters so never noticed that there was no breakfast at the Hampton Inn. They did have appetizers many times in the late afternoon. You can shop til you drop and eat well at St John's Town Center. ENJOY!!