Ontario, California/Advice

Jan 9th, 2006, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Ontario, California/Advice

I am taking the bar exam in Ontario in February. I have Wednesday off between exam days and I am staying near the airport. Is there anything fun to do within walking distance? I am staying near the Convention Center. Thanks.
Jan 9th, 2006, 11:10 PM

I can't think of anything fun to do within walking distance but if you can get to the Ontario Mills Mall (by cab - it is not too far) they have lots of shops, restaurants and movie theaters.
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:09 AM

Shouldn't you be studying????

Cali is right. There isn't anything within walking distance. The mall is probably your best bet if you're looking for things to do.
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:29 AM

Actually Victoria Gardens is much more upscale than Ontario Mills. It is only a few miles further and has better shopping and restaurants. Ontario Mills is outlet discount shopping and primarily fast food. Like nearly everything in California, it is hard to get anywhere interesting without a car.
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:52 AM

If you are staying along north of the airport there is an In 'N Out Burger - just kidding but not much. NOTHING will be walking distance except for fast food or mini marts. Some of the hotels offer shuttles to Ontario Mills.

Ontario Mills can easily fill a few hours - and there is more than fast food, several restaurants, movie theater, etc. But Ontario isn't a major (or minor for that matter) tourist destination.
Jan 10th, 2006, 08:49 AM
MaureenB

Not within walking distance, but the Claremont Colleges might be fun to visit. Pomona College, for example, has a pretty little campus and is just a few blocks from the little town of Claremont which has nice cafes and shops for twenty-somethings. You can probably take a bus easily from the convention center. Good luck on the exam! Or, you might be able to get a ride up to Big Bear Lake to see some mountain scenery.

Jan 10th, 2006, 12:53 PM

I totally forgot about Victoria Gardens but it is also a great idea. It is farther away tho. I have taken the bar exam so know you need something for a change of pace - either Mall would be good. Good Luck!!!
Jan 10th, 2006, 07:57 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the replies. I have no intention of doing any studying the day between the exam, so Victoria Gardens sounds like the perfect distraction