Onemoneygirl's Santa Barbara Hotel Comparison

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 09:00 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Onemoneygirl's Santa Barbara Hotel Comparison

Certainly this isn't meant to be the final word in hotels but I did check our four hotels in Santa Barbara for an upcoming trip. I hope this is useful for some of you!

The HarborView Inn has a wonderful location directly across from Stearns Wharf and the room we were able to tour was nice... but not $400 nice. The staff was very gracious and told us that room 341, although at a much lower rate, has a view just as nice as the luxury view suites. The lower rooms would be less desireable to me because you are separated with just a small hedge. You cannot request a specific room.

The Canary Hotel (formerly the Anadalucia) is beautiful and is a wonderful location, just a block from State Street. I was there too early to tour a room but the lobby is beautiful!

The Upham Hotel on De la Vina is a nice property, the oldest hotel is SB and has a gracious staff and beautiful gardens.... very small rooms, as in common in older hotels. They have a special during the week of $145.00, a great location and it's probably the best deal in town!

The Inn of the Spanish Garden is on Garden, 5 blocks from State Street and is VERY quiet. The most elegant rooms we saw today, deep soaking tubs, private patios, and fireplaces in each room. Not super large rooms but perfect for my needs. It's the one I chose in which to stay for an upcoming visit.

I'm happy to answer any specific questions!

Old Apr 19th, 2008, 09:05 PM
Original Poster

Just to add... the rooms are a tad larger at the Bacara than at the Inn of the Spanish Garden and while the rooms are beautifully appointed and tastefully done in blue, white and dark wood...it's location is not always desireable. I think if you're there you'd wish to enjoy the spa, the restaurants and golf.

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:36 AM

Thank you for this post,
moneygirl.
DH has an upcoming conference
nearby and I've just started
researching a place for us
to extend the trip.
Perfect timing!
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:41 AM
Mambo_

The Fess Parker Doubletree in Santa Barbara is also nice, especially if you get an oceanview room.
>-

Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:58 AM

Onemoneygirl, what is the price range of the Inn of the Spanish Garden? Guess I could look it up online, but I thought I'd ask.
Old Apr 20th, 2008, 07:59 AM
Original Poster

I got an executive king room for $259.00!!
Old Apr 21st, 2008, 06:13 AM

Check out the Monticeto Inn. Charming and reasonably priced.