Reload this Page >

one night in Salem, MA

Search

one night in Salem, MA

Search this Thread

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 03:51 AM
SueO

one night in Salem, MA

We're attending a wedding in Salem, MA in July. Only need one night not far from the Museum that is on the Common next to the Hawthorne Hotel. The Hawthorne will only do 2 nights. Any suggestions? We won't be spending a lot of time there - needs to be clean and in a decent area.

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 06:13 AM
Penny

It's too bad the Hawthorne will give you only two nights, because you can't beat the location next to the common. Check the "Salem Destination" site, http://www.salem.org/members/default.htm, which lists historic inns as well as the Salem Inn (as a separate link). I believe you could walk from any, if the weather permits, though the walk may be 10-15 minutes.

Failing all those choices, you could consider adjoining towns: Marblehead has some beautiful B&Bs on the water; Swampscott has Cap'n Jack's, also on the water.

Hope this helps!

Old Apr 9th, 2001, 08:06 AM
Howard

You might think of changing your plans and staying for two nights. Since I assume the wedding will take place over a weekend, most places are reluctant to book a room for just one weekend night during the height of the tourist season in the summer. There are lots of things to see and do in the area.

Old May 7th, 2001, 10:42 AM
ro

excuse the ignorance but how far away from boston is salem? other than car, what would be easy/cheap access?

Old May 7th, 2001, 12:05 PM
Amita

If you can't find anything on the coast, try Peabody, an easy 5 mile drive from Salem. That's where I stayed when I went for Halloween one year, and it was convenient, if not a beautiful place to stay.