Reload this Page >

One Night in Miami with a Baby -- Where to stay

Notices

Old Mar 18th, 2008, 10:43 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

We will be spending a week in the keys and we have one night to stay in Miami before flying back home. I am having a very hard time navigating Miami hotel choices online. I'm just looking for a clean, comfortable, family-friendly hotel to spend the night in that's centrally located so we can see some sights. Preferably, we'd like to be on/near the beach and within walking distance to everything. We also want something moderately priced since we won't be spending much time in the hotel before our 6 am flight. I was originally loking at the Richmond but I've read mixed reviews. Any recommendations?

Kristy
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 03:59 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Walking distance to everything is tough in Miami. The only area that is close to the beach and close to restaurants and shops is Miami Beach. South Beach is probably the best for walking to everything. I think you are better off with the larger hotels like the Loews for family friendly.

If you only have one day will you be spending your time on the beach or sightseeing?

Also keep in mind that whatever beach you are staying in you have a 20 to 30 min ride to the airport even in the wee hours of the morning.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 07:19 AM
Original Poster

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep, that's why I'm so confused. I'd like to spend as little money as possible on hte hotel since it's just one short night. I figuerd that we'd spend most of the time on the beach, grab lunch/dinner, maybe do a little shopping then use the hotel to clean up and rest a bit before our flight. All to the hotels I've looked at on SoBe seem to be a bit seedy. Generally I would just sleep in the car or on the beach but, with a baby, that's not too practical. On top of that, some of the better moderately priced hotels I've looked at won't let you stay for just one night. I feel pretty stuck and I'm starting to think that I should just skip it altogether and stay at a hotel by the airport. Then again, I feel like I have a chance to at least check out South Beach so why not. I'm torn...

Kristy
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 08:14 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Just stay on South Beach, the beach is beautiful and there's lots to do.

They are tons of non-seedy hotels on SoBe. The Loews is a great suggestion, it all depends on your budget.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 10:21 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
It really depends on your budget. With a child on south beach, i'd suggest the Loews as well.
Old Mar 19th, 2008, 11:03 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
If budget is concern try moving north of south beach into miami beach - less to do without a car - but still on the beach.
There are 2 hotels on 39th and Collins (The heart of South Beach ends at about 20th Street.)One is Crica39 http://www.circa39.com/
and the other is Courtyard Oceanfront Miami Beach
http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...ch-oceanfront/
You could take a cab to South Beach and enjoy Lincoln Road/Ocean Drive or opt to just stay at the hotel and enjoy the beach and pool. There is a local shopping district on 41st Street that has many restaurants.
Old Mar 20th, 2008, 07:15 AM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Someone asked a few days ago about this Marriott on S. Beach and although its not directly on the beach it very close and very central.

http://www.marriott.com/hotels/trave...h-south-beach/