One night in Flagstaff

Mar 29th, 2003, 05:55 PM
Original Poster

One night in Flagstaff

We are traveling to Colorado and will be spending one night in Flagstaff. Has anyone been to either the Radission or Comfort Inn? I am not familiar with the area and those two came up on a search. Any other nice places to stay for a night besides those?
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:10 AM

Hi Froggy-
We've stayed at the Embassy Suites in Flagstaff several times. They have clean, comfortable 1 and 2 bedroom suites with a small living room area complete with minibar. They also include a free, cooked-to-order breakfast and have a small pool, which was very chilly even in the summer. In the evenings there is a complimentary happy hour where they serve cheap house wine and popcorn. Their jacuzzi (hottub) was delightful. Good, central location on one of the main streets running through town. We've also stayed at Little America, which was also quite pleasant. It seemed quite far from the main part of town, but may be just off the highway that heads to Colorado. I can't remember. Best of luck.
Mar 30th, 2003, 06:20 AM

I stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn last April. It has very nice rooms and an indoor pool.
Mar 30th, 2003, 08:50 AM

Radisson Woodlands is very nice. I'm not familiar with the Comfort Inn in Flagstaff.
Mar 31st, 2003, 10:58 AM

My vote is for Little America.
Mar 31st, 2003, 12:38 PM

We actually checked out of Little America when they placed us in a room next the room which was hosting an employee party. When we complained their solution was to place us one more room down the hall. Between the party racket and the dilapidated furnishings, we hightailed it out of there and went over the to the Hilton and were very pleasantly surprised. Very nice hotel and great room.
Mar 31st, 2003, 03:40 PM

I don't like Little America's location. I prefer Flagstaff's west side,so for me it would be the Radisson or Hilton. (Although I think Comfort Inn has a westside location, too.)
Mar 31st, 2003, 06:15 PM

If you want a really fun place to eat, try Black Bart's. Now, mind you this is not a fancy French place. It is ordinary food. There is, however, lots of entertainment with dinner. The waiters and waitresses are the entertainers. They all go to Northern Arizona State Univ. in Flagstaff.

It is a uniquely Flagstaff thing.
Apr 1st, 2003, 11:31 AM

I used to live in Flag and I'm a big believer in giving my money to locally owned businesses. That being said, I would highly recommend the Inn at 410 or Birchtree Inn. They're b&b's just north of downtown.

I think your business would be much more appreciated there. Don't have the website on me, but if you do a search on "flagstaff" it's in any of the local guides.

have fun!
snarla
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:22 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to everyone for their advice!
Apr 1st, 2003, 06:30 PM

We spent some time in Flagstaff last summer and really liked it. Thought the Beaver St. Brewery was a good place to eat and we were pleasantly surprised that we enjoyed Black Bart's even though it is so hokie. Shopping downtown was enjoyable also.

Search this Thread