Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   One last experience before you go (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/one-last-experience-before-you-go-226393/)

Simon May 29th, 2002 12:33 PM

One last experience before you go

Hi all<BR><BR>I have been fortunate to experience some amazing things in my short life around the world (29), one of the most memorable was being about 6ft from a wild lioness in Kenya. I am visiting California for 3 weeks in Jul/Aug and would like to know if you were only able to do one more thing or experience one more thing in California before you had to go forever what would it be? Answers could be Sunset in the Grand Canyon or to eat your favourite sandwhich in LA, to be honest what ever flicks your switch.<BR><BR>Simon

BC May 29th, 2002 12:38 PM

The Grand Canyon isn't in California. It's in Arizona.<BR><BR>I would have to view San Francisco from atop Twin Peaks. In thirty years of travel to and living in SF, it's one of my favorite views anywhere in the world.<BR><BR>Enjoy your trip!

d.reuyn May 29th, 2002 04:27 PM

It would be to drive up the coast from Bodega Bay to Elk to Mendocino to the Humboldt Redwoods State Park by Eureka. I've done this twice and would do it a thousand times over.

xxx Jun 26th, 2002 01:06 AM

good topic <BR>topper

Jen Jun 26th, 2002 02:17 AM

To be 6 feet from a lioness at San Diego Wild Animal Park.

jenni Jun 26th, 2002 02:17 AM

Watching the sea otters off Monteray

David Jun 26th, 2002 05:02 AM

Drive along Highway 1 in Big Sur.

cindy Jun 26th, 2002 05:06 AM

Picking oranges from the tree in my daughter's garden. They live in an old clock tower in Glendale - small but gorgeous!

Scarlett Jun 26th, 2002 05:11 AM

Sitting by the beach in Malibu,just as the sun is setting,no one else on the beach with me.

Sarah Jun 26th, 2002 05:11 AM

The volcano on the Big Island at night<BR>Kalalau Trail (Kauai, Cliffs of Mohr (Eire)<BR>Italian streets and European Youth Hostels in general when you are young.<BR>The Pyramids at any age<BR>Capadoccio in central Turkey under a full moon.

Sarah Jun 26th, 2002 05:13 AM

sorry I did not read your email in it's entirety. Hope a bus/Train into Mexico for the day from San Diego<BR><BR>Eat at Chez Panize near San Francisco

He's an Idiot Jun 26th, 2002 05:16 AM

He's been "around the world" and he thinks the Grand Canyon is in CA???????????????????

BeNice Jun 26th, 2002 05:21 AM

He's an idiot-<BR>Simon might have used the Grand Canyon as an example of the amazing sight,not neccesarily one in California.<BR>And must you get hung up on that? Why not answer the question? or go away?

gc Jun 26th, 2002 05:23 AM

Brains don't follow money...<BR><BR>I'd want to get to the top of Half-dome and see Yosemite valley from there.

Les Jun 26th, 2002 06:10 AM

gc,<BR>Better to see Half Dome and the valley from Glacier Point - much more spectacular.

been there Jun 26th, 2002 01:01 PM

Better yet, climb Half Dome from little Yosemite; an incredible adventure!

Lenore Jun 26th, 2002 01:18 PM

I agree with the previous posters, a hike to the top of either Half Dome or El Capitain in Yosemite. Yosemite has so many beautiful, breathtaking views and such great variety. My last days of life will hopefully be spent either there or somewhere in Hawaii.

Simon A Jun 30th, 2002 04:23 AM

Thanks to all those who replied, I know the Grand Canyon is not in California so thanks.