We are planning to be in Florida in April 2014 staying in the Fort Lauderdale area for 5 days. We are thinking of adding on two nights to spend a full day at WDW - specifically at the Magic Kingdom (MK). We have two girls (7 and 9). We have been to Florida numerous times but have never done WDW.
We can use our points to stay at the Dolphin Hotel. I know it is not a Disney property per se but apparently you can still take advantage of the free shuttle to the park and extended magic hours. If we paid money to stay at the closest hotel to MK it would be $700/night at the Polynesia or Contemporary?!?!
Does anyone have any advice to share on the following:
1. Does the free shuttle from the Dolphin run early enough to take advantage of the 8 a.m. extended opening at MK?
2. Tip for the best way to see MK ine one day (il.e., what specific attractions to hit first or hidden gems). My kids are early risers so 8 a.m. start time is fine -- my youngest would likely not make it to the fireworks (and that is ok).
3. Should we plan dinner back at the Dolphin (maybe Bluezoo or Kimono's?) or is it worth it to eat at the "Be our Guest"?
Thanks in advance!
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 http://www.healthsupplementsreviews.info/pure-core-cleanse/
- 2 http://nitroshredadvice.com/brain360/
- 3 Is it safe to wear good jewelry in NYC?
- 4 Water Damage Port Jervis
- 5 chau rua chen
- 6 Everglades en route from Ft Myers to Miami doable?
- 7 10 Day California Vacation Advice
- 8 Please help - Hawaii itinerary - big island and Honolulu
- 9 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 10 Should we go to Orlando if not interested in Disney World?
- 11 4 days in San Diego
- 12 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 13 NY theater district restaurant
- 14 Family winter holiday
- 15 Trip to Cali
- 16 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 17 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 18 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 19 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 20 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 21 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 22 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 23 Big Sur weather in early December
- 24 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 25 Lake Quinault Lodge
One day visit to Magic Kingdom - staying at Dolphin hotel and other Qs