Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

One day in Santa Barbara- What to see and do ??

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 09:17 AM
e

My friends are driving up to SB for the day(while staying in LA) next week and asked me for some advice, its been awhile since we've been there, so I was hoping to get some advice. Thanks in advance.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 09:23 AM
xxx

Walk on state street and if you want a really good meal, eat at Bay Cafe on Anaconda.

Old Jun 30th, 2002, 04:42 PM
topper

3t

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 07:21 AM
e

Anyone else ??

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 09:05 AM
deevee

I was there for a day with my mom last fall. We parked on the pier, looked around at the shops, ate ice cream, took a walk on the beach and took a trolley tour. The tour was reasonably interesting and it allowed several stops. You can catch it near the entrance to the pier.

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 10:54 AM
e

Any great open air restaurants ??

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 01:57 PM
kam

The Wine Cask is a wonderful restaurant with charming patio right in the middle of downtown SB. You might also go up to the mission---it's very pretty--called the "Queen of the California Missions". Won't take long. Or you could drive up into the Santa Inez valley and do some wine tasting. Info available about the wineries at the TI in SB

Old Jul 1st, 2002, 03:37 PM
M

State Street, go out on the pier, wineries - there is a Santa Barbara Winery just a few blocks from down town. Mission is okay if you haven't seen one before. Nice park to walk along the ocean and watch the hang gliders - Douglas park or something similar.

There are a lot of open air restaurants. I thought Wine Cask was pretty good but I was expecting better.