Reload this Page >

One Charming Inn Needed on Southern Oregon Coast

Notices

Old Jun 7th, 2004, 09:24 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I apologize if this topic has been covered before, but I read a number of topics here and didn't find -exactly- the info I was looking for...
I have a friend who lives in Seattle. As it happens, she's just been down here in Southern California visiting us, and she's getting ready to drive back up there.
As a present to our dear friend, we're buying her a night at a b&b or inn on the Oregon coast - which she's never seen. Her travel plans are such that she needs to stay on the coast somewhere in the southern part of the state.
Does anyone have any suggestions for a charming place south of Yachats where we could buy a night for our buddy? Ideally, it'd be near or in a town where she could walk to dinner, and it'd be under oh....$150 for the night.
Suggestions?
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 07:49 AM

On the coast I look for a room with an ocean view and easy access to the beach, such as the Overleaf Lodge in Yachats and the Best Western Beachfront Inn in Brookings. Bandon is a nice town, but I haven?t found a place I like to stay there.

The ?best place? on the south coast is Tu Tu Tun Lodge in Gold Beach, but it is not on the beach and it costs a lot more than $150.
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 03:36 PM

This place was recently in Sunset: www.seaq.com It's the Sea Quest B&B and it looks really cool.

The website says prices begin at $150/night. ***kim***
Old Jun 8th, 2004, 05:41 PM
Original Poster

Thanks for the quick responses, folks. We've actually stayed at both Tu Tu Tun (nice but too far inland) and Seaquest.
We loved Seaquest in particular, but I fear that it might be too far north for her to comfortably reach that day.
So let me re-phrase the question: can anyone suggest a charming inn on the coast that is -way- south?
In the meantime I'll look into Brooking and Bandon. Thanks in advance for your help!
-Dennis
Old Jun 9th, 2004, 04:28 PM

I haven't stayed in Bandon for a couple of years, but have heard good things about the Lighthouse B&B. It has been featured in Sunset and many other publications.

www.lighthouselodging.com is the website. It has a full breakfast and a comp. wine & cheese thing which is always nice. ***kim***
Old Jun 16th, 2004, 02:20 PM
Original Poster

I ended up booking our friend at the Lighthouse B&B in Bandon as Kimamom suggested, and she LOVED it!
She got an un-asked-for upgrade to a better room, and was sitting in the jacuzzi tub as the sun went down. Thanks to all for your help - she had a glorious trip.
Old Jun 18th, 2004, 02:53 PM

Glad she enjoyed it, bugocity! We're having beautiful weather here on the north coast this week! I hope you had some good, sunny beach days on the Southern coast!

Headed over to Portland tomorrow, then spending the day in Cannon Beach on Father's Day, boogey-boarding and surfing with all the kids. We have nine in our group this trip and everyone is having a great time in this gorgeous place! ***kim***