Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Okay, sit back, sigh and tell me what was your most romantic trip ever?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:01 PM
Michele

I'm interested in hearing about the most romantic trip you've ever taken that no matter how many years have passed, you can still feel every moment like it was yesterday and you can't help but smile when you think about it.

And for the 16 year olds out there who may respond, the memories aren't usually about sex (or maybe a guy's perspective may be different. I'll ask my husband.)

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:07 PM
xxx

Why do you want to know? Are you writing a Harlequin Romance? It really is none of your business.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:09 PM
Lisa

The Bahamas, outdoor cafe on the ocean watching the sunset drinking Bahama Mamas. Of course, the person I was with is what made it so special.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:12 PM
Carol

A tough choice between:
* A sleigh ride through the streets of Zermatt, Switzerland on Christmas Eve 1984.
* Dancing to "our song" on our 15th anniversary (1998) on the outdoor patio of Cambridge Beaches in Bermuda.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:12 PM
DavidK

Michele, I think your question is a good one. The person who's name is xxx, maybe hearing about other people's romantic trips is a way for other people to hear about places they may want to try.

Lake Placid in January at the Mirror Lake Inn.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 05:57 PM
Boots

Best ever by a landslide was a 10th anniversary trip my husband and I took to St. John. We woke up, snorkeled all morning, had lunch, snorkeled all afternoon until dark and then went to town (Cruz Bay)I've never been so relaxed and completely carefree in my life. Hope to go back soon!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 06:04 PM
KJ

Lake Como in the Italian Alps.
The early morning haze out the hotel window as the morning glow of the rising sun shines on the lake and green mountains which rise from the shorelines.
Dinner in the town of Bellagio, outdoor terrace overlooking the lake at sunset. That lake has an almost eerie, hazy appearance like a romantic painting, except that it's right before your eyes.
It's an unusual place.
Very frequebtly mentioned when this question is discussed on the Euro boards. That's why we went.
And why we'll go back.

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 06:32 PM
Paul Rabe

No question:

Of the scores of places my wife and I have been to in our 21 years of knowing each other, Hawaii was easily our most romantic. And neither one of likes to spend time sitting on a beach!

Old Jun 4th, 2001, 07:30 PM
Kristen

Someone already took mine, but I'll tell you anyway: spending the day with a picnic lunch beach-hopping all over St. John, USVI. We saw some of the most beautiful beaches I have ever seen, and went snorkeling on a beach where we were the only ones there. Total seclusion.

Old Jun 5th, 2001, 10:10 AM
lisa

I have two: Ladera Resort in St. Lucia (open-air room, watching the sun set between the Pitons into the Caribbean and then seeing the starts come out). Also Lapa Rios in Costa Rica, sleeping in a thatched-roof bungalow on the Osa Peninsula, surrounded by the sounds of the rainforest -- howler monkeys, scarlet macaws, tree frogs.