Ok- who's got the best Luau on Maui?

Old Aug 6th, 1999, 08:02 PM
Scott in cowtown

Ok- who's got the best Luau on Maui?

Please help me put this age-old question to rest once and for all: who's got the best luau on Maui? I've heard the Old Lahina Luau has moved beach side, has the best, true Hawaiian performers, and serves a mean mai-tai. How about the luau at the Marriot? We're interested in great seats, good food, and the bottomless mai tai glass. Any suggestions out there. T-minus 30 days, and we need to decide and make reservations pronto. Thanks!

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 04:41 AM
Charlie

Hey Scott,sounds as if we will be in Maui around the same time.We(2 couples)will be there for 2wks in Sept.As for your question,all the info that I've found points to Old Lahaina Luau as the best with the Marriot a distant 2nd.You want good seats? I'm told that Old Lahaina seats you according to when reservations are received so we've already booked,I suggest that you book ASAP.Hope this has helped !!!

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 06:16 AM
Ruth

The Marriott Luau is terrible - don't waste your money!

Old Aug 7th, 1999, 04:25 PM
Sandy

Aloha Scott,
In addition to the above The Old
Lahania is the only one we found that gives out fresh flower leis instead of the cheap shell ones.

Old Aug 15th, 1999, 01:22 PM
Lucy

Hi Scott,

Lucy again. NO question-Old Lahaina Luau is it. (in my humble opinion).
It is the most authentic, from food to entertainment. If your fanny can stand it-be sure to sit on tatami mats rather than a table for best view.

Enjoy!

Old Aug 18th, 1999, 06:20 PM
Scott in cowtown

Everyone, thanks for all the advice. We went with the consensus vote, Old Lahaina Luau. Ready for those mai-tai's! T-21 days and counting...

Scott