Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

OK, this is the 3rd time I've posted my request for a review of "The Mambo Kings..."

Search

OK, this is the 3rd time I've posted my request for a review of "The Mambo Kings..."

Search this Thread

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

...which opened May 24 in San Francisco and is due on Broadway in July. Anyone seen it?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:22 AM

Well Buzzy, this is a travel forum...not a theater/play forum.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:26 AM

Why create a third post? Just top the old one. But, if you haven't received a reply to the first two, that should tell you something...
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:29 AM

And just because you ask it doesn't mean someone needs to reply to it.

I guess no one's been interested in seeing it, if they don't reply. A theater/play forum WOULD be a better place for your question.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:47 AM
Jed

Are you under the impression that people here are obligated to answer your question?
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 07:49 AM

There were zero responses to your previous two postings. I'd take that as an answer.

I agree you should try to get the question answered elsewhere.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:20 AM
Original Poster

Excuse me, but the previous two postings were deleted for some reason. And yes, I realize this is a travel forum, but if you do a search yourselves you'll find many many reviews of plays going to or already on Broadway; we have a number of real theatre buffs, including a critic, on this forum, and I value their opinions when my travel includes a play--which is very often does.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:23 AM
GoTravel

Buzzy, neither of your previous posts were deleted. Here is the one from May 27th-->http://www.fodors.com/forums/pgMessa...en_name=BuzzyJ

Just click on your name if you don't beleive me. The other post from May 25th is still alive and well.

Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:27 AM

BuzzyJ - I don't think anyone said that you can't post a theater question here. Only that if you post the same theater question here and get no answers, that this is obviously not the best place for that particular question. You will undoubtedly have better odds of getting your theater question answered on a theater forum, so try one if you don't get an answer here (which you didn't).

No one here is obligated to answer any questions, so posting here does not insure answers. If someone who can answer your question sees it and chooses to answer, great. If no answer, either no one has seen the play, or they didn't see your question, or they just didn't feel like answering (which is perfectly fine).
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:29 AM

Buzzy, I doubt you would have received these kinds of answers had your post title had a little less attitude. It implies that we are obligated to give you a reply. Had you just asked for a review (as you did before), you probably would have come up with the same answers you got last time...none. Which, again, should tell you something.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 08:32 AM

OK, BuzzyJ, in looking for your previous two postings, did you happen to see the one that says "Can't find your previous post".

You sound a bit demanding in this third post. IMO that doesn't help your odds in getting an answer.

I would assume that no one here has seen The Mambo Kings that opened a few days ago in San Fran.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 09:18 AM
Original Poster

The reason I posted again was because I did in fact put my name into the search box looking for the postings, to no avail. Go Travel, I just tried it again, and they do not come up. I meant my heading to be funny. Please do not respond again; let this sink. I will now join the ranks of Neal Sanders and the others who no longer come to Fodor's... I do apologize for wasting your time.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 09:21 AM

You're welcome to leave fodors and never return, but the person who would miss out because of it is you, not anyone else here.

That said, did you read the posts about how to find your old posts? Do not put your name in the search box. Click your name near the search box and you will indeed see your old posts.

Funny doesn't always come across well in print. Hopefully you can re-read your header and understand why just about everyone who replied to your post was put off by it and not take their replies personally since what they read is not what you meant. If not, I'm sure you'll still enjoy your travels without the great advice of the people here.
Old Jun 1st, 2005, 09:28 AM

Actually, your name- the one you need to click on- is up to the right of the fodor's logo, to the right of the word WELCOME. You need to be logged in to see it.

If you are in a post that has one of your responses, you can just click on your name next to 'Author'.