Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Ok, now I know where to stay, cheapest way to book hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:37 AM
Camille

Thanks to all who responded to my query about Union Sq vs. Marina district for place to stay in San Fransisco. I am leaning towards the Marina area. Wonder if people have had better luck with internet booking on things like hotelres.com etc or going directly to the hotel to try and get a good rate? I am leary of priceline.. want to know what I'm getting.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 09:54 AM
M

compare for yourself, check the prices on the hotel website, call the hotel directly (and always ask about specials, AAA discounts, etc., they rarely volunteer this kind of info) and check some online booking services for prices. Go with the best deal.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Hope

I use Priceline all the time, as do many of my friends. I stayed at the Radisson in Fisherman's Wharf (across from Pier 39) for $45 a night and one of my friends stayed at the St. Francis in Times Square on Easter weekend for $65 a night. I recommend you don't go below a three star hotel. The three stars I have gotten from Priceline have been Radisson, Hyatt and Hilton.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 06:28 PM
Hope

I use Priceline all the time, as do many of my friends. I stayed at the Radisson in Fisherman's Wharf (across from Pier 39) for $45 a night and one of my friends stayed at the St. Francis in Union Square on Easter weekend for $65 a night. I recommend you don't go below a three star hotel. The three stars I have gotten from Priceline have been Radisson, Hyatt and Hilton.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 07:35 PM
Leslie

I've had very good experience with hotelres.com. Rates beat other sources and their service was fine.

Old Jun 4th, 2002, 08:12 PM
joesorce

At boulevards.com they have a hotel search that comes up with some decent rates at times, and you know just what hotel you're getting.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:13 AM
Jim Rosenberg

www.quikbook.com is always worth checking, along with the others.

Old Jun 5th, 2002, 03:37 AM
Kim

I have been looking into using Priceline for a hotel. There is a site called BiddingForTravel that is a great resource for learning which hotels in an area have been attained and for what bid through Priceline.

Old Jun 10th, 2002, 08:10 PM
Leslie

Hotwire.com has some really great prices! $72/night for a 4 star hotel in downtown!