OCEANNVIEW HOTEL IN MONTEREY BAY/BIG SUR AREA

Aug 12th, 2002, 05:10 PM
Lucille

OCEANNVIEW HOTEL IN MONTEREY BAY/BIG SUR AREA

I have heard that there are not many hotels on the ocean in the Monterey/Carmel/Big Sur area, so I was looking for recommendations on hotels at least near the ocean with at least an oceanview.Well?

Aug 12th, 2002, 05:23 PM
kam

Spindrift Inn in Monterey, Green Gables, 7 Gables in Pacific Grove (across street from Bay), none on the water in Carmel. South of Big Sur is Ragged Point Inn--on high cliff above the ocean, bigtime walk down to water, and then all the hotels along Moonstone Beach in Cambria across the street from the beach.

Aug 13th, 2002, 09:41 PM
Coco

Lucille,
Check out the "Victorian Inn" on Foam St, Monterey on the internet. DH and I stayed there one night on way back from Canada. Rooms are great, clean and comfortable. It is owned by Best Western and is a great little hotel located within walking distance to the Cannery, shops and restaurants. I would definately stay there again if the chance ever arises.

Aug 14th, 2002, 12:57 PM
bodi

Just stayed at the Victorian, and thought it was lovely. We all enjoyed our stay. As for walking, if you are young, or fit, or comfortable walking hills, it is ok, if not, we found it miss represented as "close to the aquarium". It's down hill leaving and up hill returning. After walking to and then for hours and hours all day at the aquarium, we sent the kids for the car to give us a ride. Definately critical to know indivisual deffinition of "short walk" and "close to". All a matter of work out preference.

Aug 14th, 2002, 02:20 PM
joe

www.marinadunes.com

Aug 15th, 2002, 02:46 PM
Bob

The recommendation above about the GREEN GABLE INN or the SEVEN GABLES was good. Both are beautiful old Victorians and both overlook the Bay. The SEVEN GABLES is yellow and was featured in an American Express commercial on TV a few years ago. Both are close enough to the Monterey Aquarium to walk. I live in Pacific Grove and do the walk frequently.

You can also visit www.pacificgrove.org for more hotel listings. The GRANDVIEW is also overlooking the water.