Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   Ocean City Maryland Condo's? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/ocean-city-maryland-condo-s-724867/)

trinity84 Jul 30th, 2007 02:39 AM

Ocean City Maryland Condo's?

Hello;

Does anyone have any recommendations on condo rentals in the Ocean City area? Am planning on renting in September and there are so many to choose and a wide variety of prices. I want a clean, oceanfront with a balcony. I would also prefer staying in an area that is driveable to Chincoteague and Rehoboth Beach. TIA

Gpanda Jul 30th, 2007 02:46 AM

Why a condo? September is the offseason. You could rent a really nice cottage in Rehobeth relatively cheaply. For that matter, you could rent a house in OC as well. The drive to Chicoteague will take 1 hour and 15 minutes from anywhere in OC.

trinity84 Jul 30th, 2007 03:42 AM

Maybe a condo isn't necessary, although I haven't had much luck finding a house that is on the ocean. I live in a city all year, part of the reason of going to OC is to enjoy the site and sound of the ocean.

Rachel Jul 30th, 2007 06:28 AM

We've rented condos through Coldwell Banker many times and been very happy with them. They have a catalogue that lists the condos by vicinity that was helpful in selecting. I also used their website, which i think is cbvacations.com. We didnt go to OC the last 2 years and it's possible they were purchased by Long & Foster (Or Foster & Long) another big realtor in MD.

we always stayed away for the high rise condos because the beach gets very crowded by them, but in September, it shouldnt be an issue. IF you are trying to get to both Rehobeth and Chincoteaque, OC is pretty central. Have a great trip.

trinity84 Aug 3rd, 2007 02:19 AM

Golden Sands?
Thanks for the link Rachel, I think I've narrowed it down to the Golden Sands Condo's, have you ever stayed there?

NEDSIRELAND Aug 3rd, 2007 03:00 AM

Sorry, I can't give you a name, but there's a Condo complex about 2-blocks south of the Delaware-Maryland line. Some are Beachfront, some not. Just across the State line, on your right going north, thre's a liquor store where I buy my beer.

We've also stayed at 'My Place at the Beach' on about 101st Street in OCMD. It's not beachfront but easy walking distance (got to cross the highway).

Contact O'Conor, Piper & Flynn realtors for rentals

Rachel Aug 3rd, 2007 09:04 AM

I think Golden Sands is one of the big high rise complexes. If its what I'm thinking, it looks great. I wouldn't like it during high season because the beach would be very crowded (there's a stretch of high rises all in a row and the beach cant really handle the volume of people) but during September it wouldnt be an issue.

hugglynn Aug 3rd, 2007 01:37 PM

Try www.vrbo.com

LN Aug 3rd, 2007 02:15 PM

There are many oceanfront condos in Ocean City - some in high rises and some in smaller buildings. I personally like the smaller building where I don't wait a long time for the elevators.

The best advice would be to call a realtor and you've been given a couple good ones - Long & Foster and O'Connor Piper and Flynn have been there for many years.