O'Rourke's Steakhouse, Houston, TX

Apr 13th, 2005, 11:10 AM
dcespedes

O'Rourke's Steakhouse, Houston, TX

Has anyone been to this restaurant? The husband and I will be in Houston this weekend and I've been invited to dinner Saturday night at O'Rourke's with husband and colleagues--usually I do my own thing but if the food is good I may tag along. Thank you in advance.

Apr 13th, 2005, 01:57 PM

Hi, dcespedes! I've got to say I've never heard of O'Rourke's so I looked it up on Citysearch and it got quite a good review. Here's the review:
http://houston.citysearch.com/profil..._0_profile_2_1

Susan
Apr 14th, 2005, 03:55 AM
dcespedes

Thank you, Susan! AnnMarie

Apr 14th, 2005, 04:41 AM

My wife and I visited there after Cirque de Soleil for appetizers and drinks. The items we had were okay. Liked the bar. I understand the steaks are the highlight. Based on what I have heard, I would suggest going, especially if you like meat.
Apr 17th, 2005, 07:36 AM
dcespedes

Update: Thanks for the feedback, I went to O'Rourke's last night and am glad I did--dinner was excellent. There were seven of us and we really enjoyed the atmosphere especially the art work and live piano music! Wasn't too thrilled with the husband's choice of sea scallop appetizer (he wasn't either) but the lobster bisque was wonderful. The husband enjoyed his steak stuffed with roquefort cheese and I loved the Chilean bass with organic grains. We were so stuffed by dessert we shared a slice of key lime pie just to try it--some of the best we've ever eaten. There's construction in the area (59 and Montrose) and we heard the restaurant is hoping to hang on for another 6 months when construction is complete because, unfortunately, it's having a negative impact on business.

Apr 20th, 2005, 04:03 AM

Agree, I think O'Rourke's has hands down the best lobster bisque in Houston, and the sea bass is superb. While not as well known as the mega-chains, it is special to actually get to know the owners of an upscale steakhouse (John O'Rourke and Sam Hernandez) and be treated with appreciation, not just another faceless patron. The construction is not that big a deal and will be over with by the end of the year.
Apr 20th, 2005, 08:14 AM

Thanks for the update! I'll have to check out this restaurant now.

TomTamlyn -- if you haven't heard, we're having a Houston Fodor's get together on April 30th at Teala's at 4:00. Let us know if you'd like to join us.

Susan