O, Mystere or Mama Mia? Which would you see

Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
O, Mystere or Mama Mia? Which would you see

If you only had one evening in Vegas without business meetings, which one of these would you see?
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:40 PM

Do you like A) different or B) odd but breathtaking or C)fun? Respectively, those are my summaries for Mystere, O, Mamma Mia. O will be next to impossible for them to tour, so that might influence your decision also.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:43 PM

Have seen them all several times but my 1st choice would be Mystere. Unless you're a big ABBA fan. IMO, O is not as good as Mystere.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 05:57 PM

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Are you a man or a woman? Sorry, if I was a more dedicated Fodorite I would know that already. I think Mama Mia is more of a chick show. I haven't seen O but my husband has. He liked Mystere better than O but not by a great margin. Mama Mia is touring and may come to a city near you. You may wish to see which one has better seats available.
Old Jan 13th, 2004, 07:07 PM

I haven't seen Mamma Mia, but I can compare O and Mystere for you.

O is amazing. The theater is more luxurious and the show is much more dynamic, exciting and unique than Mystere. As my DH put it, they make you feel like you're part of the show. We sat in the balcony and had a wonderful view of everything happening in the air and on the stage.

With Mystere, I didn't find it as breathtaking. Don't get me wrong, it was a wonderful show, but it felt like the money spent on O tickets was definitely better spent. Mystere is more the traditional Cirque where O is Cirque, with a twist. I describe it like my dreams on stage.

Obviously, my vote goes to O, but you can't go wrong with Mystere, either. Also, there really isn't a bad seat in the house for Mystere. There's pretty much the same view, even in the very back. Let us know what you choose!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:36 AM

I have not seen Mama Mia, but I have seen Mystere (3x) and "O" (2x).

You really can't go wrong with either one, but my favorite is Mystere. We just love it (obviously). I think the music of Mystere is the best and it is a very entertaining show.

"O" is great too and I'm sure you would enjoy it. If you've never seen a Cirque du Soleil show, I would start with Mystere.

Have fun!

Old Jan 14th, 2004, 05:53 AM

While I love Mama Mia, you will be able soon to catch a production of it almost anywhere. You will only be able to see Mystere or O in Las Vegas. I'm amazed that some like Mystere better than O. I loved Mystere, but O was to me even bigger and more dramatic, plus the whole thing takes place in and on water, so it made it that much more spectacular. Again, because of the way the O theatre was built, there's no way you'll be able to see anything else even remotely like it somewhere else. Mystere on the other hand is not THAT much different from other traveling Cirque Shows.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:17 AM

Wow will you ever be confused. I have seen Mystere and did not think it was as good some of the other Soleil productions. Loved Mama Mia but agree that you can see that in a number of places. Have tickets to "O" in April (thanks jbee I got the first row balcony) and am really excited about it based on what others have told me and the pictures.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 07:24 AM

Another vote for "O". You can only see that show in Las Vegas. It's possible to see another Cirque show on tour. Also "Mama Mia" is touring.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 08:43 AM

About how much do these shows cost? Are they $100 plus?
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 09:30 AM

I have seen many Cirque shows and while they are all good, I do like some better than others based on acts, music, themes, etc...All share common traits as far as the production and space except O. It is truly unique. Even comparing it to La Nouba in its own theater in Orlando, it is still one of a kind.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:23 AM

Millie- Yay! I hope you enjoy the view from the balcony. You'll have to post a review after you get back.

Heavens- The ticket prices run from $99 to around $120 or $130 (can't remember). The prices are posted on the Bellagio website. I prefer the balcony seats, which run in the $99 range. I think there's also some limited view seats for a little less- someone mentioned them on another thread.
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:44 AM

I hate to "break in" on someone else's thread but, I am going to see "O" in July and am trying to decide which seats to take. I think $150.00 is WAY to much to spend for a ticket. I would consider $125.00 but, I'm hearing how wonderful the limited viewing seats are and the balcony seats. Should I buy the $125.00 because they are better or go for a bargain price because it is just as good as the $125.00. Thanks!
Old Jan 14th, 2004, 10:47 AM

Trisha- We discussed the different seats on a previous thread... IMHO, the balcony seats are some of the best in the house. My dream seats would be 1st row balcony, center. Regarding the limited view seats, someone mentioned they weren't that bad- they just have a safety bar in front of them.