Reload this Page >

nyc-warwick vs. essex house/limo from airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 20th, 2001, 02:43 PM
bill

Can anyone tell me how the Warwick compares to Essex House in terms of nice accomodations and location? Can stay there a good bit cheaper and it looks like a nice place. Also, we thought our children would enjoy a ride from the airport in a limousine. Is there a service that is preferred and is it reserved prior to arrival? The rate appears to be $70-$90 from LaGuardia. Thanks!

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 02:04 PM
bill

Can anyone help on this?

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:33 PM
lindafromNJ

Bill: My husband and I went to New York City for a weekend (my birthday) and we stayed at the Warwick. we stayed in a mini suite and got a wonderful weekend rate. It is was very nice. The rooms were spacious with a little kitchen area with a refrig. Nice furntire and clean. They even took us up to the room the Beatles stayed in when they were in New York for the first time. Also the hotel is within walking distance to everything. I do not know anything about the Essex but really liked the Warwick. The hotel has just recently been renovated. Let me know what you decide and have a great time.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:37 PM
Owen O'Neill

I'm not in a position to comment on the quality of accomodations for with either hotel. As for location, both are in very good neighborhoods are relatviely conveniently located but the Essex is much closer to a subway stop if that's an issue of concern (about one long block as opposed to several for the Warwick). Essex is in a very nice spot at the south end of Central Park but one could walk there in 5 minutes fromthe Warwick. The limo price sounds a bit on the high side if it's a "car service" but about right if it's a stretch type limo. Car services are reserved in advance and typically use full size Lincoln Town Car vehicles. Not as cool as a "real" limo from a kid's perspective but much more roomy and comfortable than a taxi. A car service should likely cost $45-65 from LGA to midtown but shop around- unlike cabs which have a fixed price, car service and limo companies vary widely in price.

Old Jul 21st, 2001, 05:38 PM
Frank

Bill: The Essex House is located on Central Park South and rooms facing north would have dramatic park views. Although CPS is considered one of the most exclusive blocks in Manhattan, I prefer the location of the Warwick. The Essex House is one of the top hotels in the city and definitely at least a notch above the Warwick. On the other hand the Essex is very austere and might be a bit snooty. It all depends on the type of hotel you prefer.