Reload this Page >

B&B's-Anywhere, U.S.A.

Search

B&B's-Anywhere, U.S.A.

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24th, 2000, 10:38 AM
Pauline

B&B's-Anywhere, U.S.A.

Two gals looking for some quaint, comfy, B&B's to stay at anywhere in the United States. Prefer to be close to local attractions, restaurants, and shops. Don't want to rent a car to get around.

Old Dec 25th, 2000, 08:57 AM
G. Kremer

Go to bedandbreakfast.com. The wife & I have found that some long range research will save you a lot of aggravation.We tended to prefer B&B's with no more than 6-8 rooms. Most have private baths, some have shared baths. Check with the B&B for local mass transit or within walking distance of attractions (for this convenience your stay there will probably cost somewhat more but will be worth it). Most serve breakfast around 7:30 - 9:00 A.M. Most B&B's we stayed at were better experiences if they are run by a married couple. Be specific about the areas you wish to visit & perhaps we can all help you better.

Old Dec 26th, 2000, 07:25 PM
Joy in VA

I have stayed at Abacrombie Badger B&B in Baltimore, they have a website. It was very nice, 3 block walk to Charles St & short walk to Metro & Light Rail to get around easily. I stayed there a week while on business in Baltimore & enjoyed it. Very quiet & safe. I had done the Inner Harbor thing with family before & this was nice change.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 02:26 PM
Pauline

Thanks for your input. We live in Baltimore!! We are thinking of the east coast: Maine, Vermont, Massachusetts, etc. We are willing to go anywhere in the U.S. but would prefer to stay at B&B's.

Old Dec 28th, 2000, 03:19 PM
G. Kremer

We stayed at the Inn on Blush Hill B&B in Waterbury, Vermont back in 1992. Very nice place. It's in the same town as Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream Factory. They gave us free admission coupons for a factory tour & a pint of B&J's ice cream for staying at their inn. No disappointments there.

Old Dec 29th, 2000, 01:20 PM
Jennifer

pauline - I make it a practice to stay at B&Bs when I travel instead of the major hotel chains. For the northeast, stay at the Graycote Inn in Bar Harbor, ME. Owned and run by Pat & Roger Samuels - lovely couple. Great food, quiet and off the street, plenty of parking and walking distance to everything downtown bar harbor.

I can also suggest a place in San Antonio. I went there for a conference and it was a great town!The place is called the Columns on the Alamo. 800-233-3364. Wonderful place and right on the far end of the riverwalk par of town. You can walk everywhere you need to. I took a cab from the airport and didn't even need a car. Enjoy!

Old Jan 6th, 2001, 05:27 AM
a

Savannah, Georgia

The Presidents Quarters

Beautiful inn, each room is named after a president, high tea is lovely, breakfast was fab, No need for a car and can walk to quaint shops, river, attractions, etc...We stayed in the ronald regan room and it was so nice.

Plus, if have a car, can decide to take a short drive to the beach about 10 or so minutes drive from savannah.