Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   NYC Hotel Theater District advice (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/nyc-hotel-theater-district-advice-755081/)

JudyADenver Dec 27th, 2007 10:48 AM

NYC Hotel Theater District advice

My last 4 trips to NYC, we have stayed at the Millennium Broadway, mostly because of the location. We decided last trip to try a new hotel, hoping for a little more luxury. We will be in NYC for 4 nights in April Mon-Thurs. (we cannot take advantage of the weekend packages)

I was hoping to stay at the Iroquois but the rates are now over $500 per night. We need two beds in the Theater District in a quiet hotel. Can we find a small boutique hotel under $400?

starrsville Dec 27th, 2007 05:13 PM

I want to try The Muse, which is a Kimpton Group hotel. They are a boutique hotel group. Check out their rates. Also, check out www.travelzoo.com for possible deals on hotels.

travelbuff2 Dec 27th, 2007 06:37 PM

Try some of the discount travel websites, like www.hotels.com for more suggestions.

artlover Dec 27th, 2007 07:34 PM

You might try bidding on priceline.com--check out biddingfortravel.com first. We got the Crowne Plaza for $180 (approximately $230 with taxes and such) and the location was great and hotel was nice. NYC has become very pricey.

NeoPatrick Dec 28th, 2007 05:49 AM

artlover, Judy specifically said they need two beds. I don't think Priceline will work for them at all -- right?

I'd agree with the MUSE. And I'd also check MICHELANGELO, which often gives good prices when booked well in advance.

hockeymom Dec 28th, 2007 08:28 AM

Also try looking on travelzoo.com. They have good deals. You may even be able to get two rooms (which would give you two bathrooms) for close to $400 a night. It's worth checking. We just stayed at The Roosevelt Hotel for $179 a night plus taxes. The hotel is at 45th and Madison so it wasn't far to Time Square.

hockeymom Dec 28th, 2007 08:31 AM

Starrsville, I missed your response. I guess I read too fast.

artlover Dec 28th, 2007 08:21 PM

Patrick,
We got two beds with Priceline, but as you mentioned, they won't guarentee that--we just were lucky (and I asked nicely at checkin).

cindymal Dec 31st, 2007 01:13 PM

We just returned from a stay at the Michelangelo.it was wonderful.I posted a trip report if you want to read more about it.

NeoPatrick Dec 31st, 2007 01:21 PM

Hmmm. I'm not finding that report cindymal. When did you post it? I know the search function usually doesn't work, but it should come up if I just click on your name.

cindymal Dec 31st, 2007 02:02 PM

Patrick,
We cant fool you.
I just posted.
Happy new Year.
Cindy

NeoPatrick Dec 31st, 2007 02:07 PM

You know what they say -- you can fool all of the people some of the time, and you can fool some of the people all of the time, but you can't fool Neo-Patrick!

Shame on you, saying you HAD posted it before you did!

But enjoyed reading it anyway. Sounds like a nice mini trip!

mclaurie Dec 31st, 2007 04:52 PM

Boutique hotels in NYC tend to have small rooms and some don't have rooms with 2 beds at all. The Blakelyhotelny.com has some rooms with 2 double beds that appear to be $355/night plus tax in April.