NY to Orlando

May 22nd, 2003, 09:22 AM
Original Poster

NY to Orlando

Our family plan to go to WDW this Christmas (12/22 to 12/28). Questions about airfare and car rental.
1) Is $169 non stop RT (AA) consider as good price? Will air fare drop after summer?
2) Car rental price is crazy during that week. We need at least a full size car. The lowest I have found thru hotwire is about $29/day. During my past experience in Orlando I can get a full size for about $22 /day from hotwire or priceline. I can not find any other car rental direct web sites to get a rate less than $29 per day. Should I lock in the rate now? Or you think the rate will drop later?

I am concerned about my travel date because it is in the Christmas week so I am not so sure will price drop ... etc

Thanks
May 22nd, 2003, 09:34 AM

Those prices sound VERY fair to me for Xmas. Having said that, you might do better with a package (hotel/car or air/hotel/car). Have you checked Jetblue.com?
May 22nd, 2003, 03:44 PM

I don't know where you would find a full size car for $22/day - usually the cheapest you can find are weekly rates of $99 for a COMPACT CAR - so $22/day is dirt cheap!

Same goes for your airfare - the only other airline that may beat that is song, which is the new low price airline from Delta. Otherwise, you got the best fare.
You should checkout song airline, and then BOOK it; those prices are VERY GOOD!!! I'm not sure how much lower you think you can get -

Search this Thread