Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   NY/NJ Fodorites GTG (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/ny-nj-fodorites-gtg-478902/)

Budman Oct 6th, 2004 05:06 PM

NY/NJ Fodorites GTG

I would like to set up a GTG on Saturday, 30 October, at Paula at Rigotello's in Weehawken, NJ, from Noon until ???

They are normally closed for lunch on Saturdays, but will open and provide a tailored menu for us if we have 15-20 Fodorites who would like to participate.

The alternative would be lunch at Margherita's in Hoboken, NJ.

Both restaurants are BYOB's. I will be bringing some of my Bud-Brew (wine) to offer to taste, and I understand that "traci_local_in_sa" will be sharing some of her Pinotage -- sounds delicious.

Please let me know if you are interested in attending. It should be fun!!!

e-mail me at [email protected] ((b))

FainaAgain Oct 7th, 2004 12:30 PM

topping... just to help out a fellow Fodorite :)

tpatricco Oct 7th, 2004 01:22 PM

Looking forward to it Budman! Thanks for setting this up!

michelleNYC Oct 7th, 2004 02:15 PM

topping for budman. I would love to go but I'll be traveling on business. pls. post all details afterwards!

Budman Oct 7th, 2004 04:33 PM

michelleNYC, you must change your travel plans immediately!!! ((a)) -- just kidding. You'll be missed.

Trish, thanks for your help in finding a place. The turnout will determine the amount of wine I'll bring. Looking forward to meeting you. ((b))

almesq Oct 7th, 2004 05:39 PM

Sounds like fun Budman. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) we'll be out in the Monterey/Carmel area that weekend for a long weekend. Good luck with the GTG.

tpatricco Oct 8th, 2004 06:47 AM

ttt to make sure everybody sees!

Kal Oct 8th, 2004 06:56 AM

B'man-
Oooh ooh...
Make it the last week of May in '05 and we'll be there!!! \:D/

Budman Oct 8th, 2004 07:22 AM

The restaurant is about 1/2 mile from the Ferry Terminal in Weehawken. For those relying on public transportation, we can probably arrange for transportation from the Ferry to the restaurant.

Kal, we can probably set up a very special GTG just for you in late May!!! ((a)) ((b))

Budman Oct 9th, 2004 04:01 AM

Bringing it back up for weekend Fodorites. ((b))

annesherrod Oct 9th, 2004 07:01 AM

Sounds like fun to me!!
I live several states west of you, but a very slight chance I will be going to NY with a freind while she is on business. I can play while she works!!!!! :-) I have tried to plan a GTG where I live but so few or none in my home town. One of our regular posters will be here though, so I am thrilled.
Good lUck with yours. I will post back if I can definitley attend.
Anne

Budman Oct 12th, 2004 04:48 AM

For those of you coming from NY (Midtown), here's a link to the NY Waterway. The Ferry leaves from Midtown (38th) to Port Imperial (Weehawken) every 20 minutes. Pls let me know if you require transportation from the Ferry terminal to the restaurant. http://www.nywaterway.com/portimperial_w38.html

For those arriving my car, you can get directions from mapquest. The address is 3706 Park Ave,
Weehawken, NJ 07086

So far we have 8 confirmed and 2 maybe's. We'll need between 15-20 to reserve the restaurant to open for us on Saturday lunch.((b))

Budman Oct 13th, 2004 04:43 AM

ttt. ((b))

jersey Oct 13th, 2004 06:13 AM

I might be working but I'll have to see what happens. Unfortunately, it'll have to be a last minute thing.

Budman Oct 15th, 2004 03:58 AM

Topping. Two weeks from tomorrow -- it should be a fun event.

Send me an e-mail if you are planning to attend so I can get a head count for the restaurant.

jersey -- even if you find out at the last minute you can make it--come on.

[email protected] ((b))

jersey Oct 15th, 2004 08:27 AM

Thanks Bud. I'm keeping it in mind.

missjanna Oct 15th, 2004 10:51 AM

I would love to go, but since moving out to Suffolk County on Long Island, I would have to leave my house at 9:30 am to get there by noon!! (Between going to the LIRR, taking that to Penn Station, walking to the Ferry, you get the idea.)
I still say Manhattan would have been easier for a lot of people instead of Jersey!!

razzledazzle Oct 15th, 2004 11:57 AM

Uh-Oh !!!
I bettter wake Kal up and see if he's
selected the Yountville GTG's wine
contribution to send to you!
R5

atilla Oct 15th, 2004 12:34 PM

Budman - If you would please, please, please fly me in from way up here in The Great White North, I would be more than happy to attend. Nothing special, coach is fine!
;) ((B))

Budman Oct 15th, 2004 04:51 PM

atilla, we would love to have you. First Class tickets are on the way. ((a)) ((b))