Fodor's Travel Talk Forums

Fodor's Travel Talk Forums (https://www.fodors.com/community/)
-   United States (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/)
-   -   North End of Boston? (https://www.fodors.com/community/united-states/north-end-of-boston-218365/)

newzgrl May 9th, 2002 10:49 AM

North End of Boston?

Everyone talks about dining in the North End of Boston but not about actually staying there. I have found a couple of places that seem right in terms of look and price. Any advice? Thanks!

northendfan May 9th, 2002 10:54 AM

What places did you find that you are interested in?

gail May 9th, 2002 11:55 AM

There are not actually any hotels in the North End that I know of - the closest would be Faneuil Hall area - which is really just around the corner. The North End is a largely residential area with stores/shops on the first floor. Everyone has their favorite places to eat, but we often just walk around and read menus on the walls, check out the inside of the place, and take a chance.

Leslie May 9th, 2002 12:02 PM

There actually is one hotel in the North End, but it is restricted for merchant marines and their families. I believe that they can stay there approximately 14 consecutive days at a cost of about $60 per night. However, the Marriott Long Wharf could also be considered in the North End also. The Millennium Bostonian, however, would not be considered part of the North End, but it is across the street from Faneuil Hall and is in the Haymarket.

newzgrl May 10th, 2002 12:26 PM

northendfan -- I've found a brand new place that's listed on a bnb web site. It sounds like a couple has converted part of a large home, with two guest rooms. It sounds great, and I like the sound of the area. Would you do it if you were me? And thanks!

Pam May 18th, 2002 07:49 PM

newzgrl, Would you mind sharing the B&B you found in the North End? We will be in Boston 1 night and would love to stay in the area. There are so many B&B sites I don't know where to start looking for just one. thanks for your help.

Pam May 18th, 2002 07:52 PM

newzgirl, Would you mind sharing the info for the B&B you found in the North End? We will be there 1 night and would love to stay in the area. Thank you, Pam

Pam May 18th, 2002 08:01 PM

Sorry, I didn't know the first one went!

ttt May 19th, 2002 06:55 AM

ttt

newzgrl Jun 11th, 2002 12:46 PM

Boston Bound -- Through the Bed and Breakfast Associates Bay Colony (bnbboston.com) we found a place called La Cappella Suites. We won't be staying there until the end of June, so I can't recommend/not recommend yet. I'll be sure to get back to ya on that.

nwzgirl Jul 16th, 2002 01:50 PM

Finally getting back to you about the North End bnb -- La Cappella Suites. It was beautiful! High class for a reasonable price. I highly recommend it.

boston bernie Jul 31st, 2002 12:14 PM

newzgrl: Just a note about the North End, there have been several attacks on women in the last month, one just last night. Just be careful and do not go out at night alone.