Orlando for Unaccompanied Teens

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 10th, 2016, 01:02 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey everyone! My 4 kids, all teens 15 and above, are planning a trip to Orlando to visit Universal Studios and two of the Disney theme parks. We live far from Orlando so they'll be taking a flight and landing in Miami. I was wondering if any of you knew if there is some bus company or something of the sort that could take them to their hotel in Orlando from Miami and take them to the parks every day? Please get back to me soon, it is very urgent that they get it done because their father said he'd let them if it was properly organized. Thanks!
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 01:28 PM

Why on earth are they flying into Miami instead of Orlando?! How can unaccompanied teens get/check into a hotel room?

There are shuttles from the Orlando airport, then presume that they'd be at a hotel with park shuttles.
No way would I let 4 teens land in Miami and take a bus. But if they did, there are shuttles, ~$60 pp. It's all on the web, easily researched.
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 02:07 PM

I'll repeat what Sylvia had to say: I seriously doubt there is ANY motel or hotel in the U.S. that would allow four teens, unaccompanied by an adult, to check in. If any exist, I'd be stunned if any are close enough to the Orlando parks to be feasible.
Buses to either park depend on the motel. Most places allow you to go from your motel to one park, but not the other.

I suggest you instead check for lodging that would allow them to check in, unaccompanied. If you find one, THEN check if it's a place YOU'D allow your kids to stay in. If it is, THEN check out its method of transport to one or the other park.
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 02:24 PM

If you find a place that allows them to check in, most of the rooms are likely to rent by the hour or contain meth labs.
Old Jul 10th, 2016, 05:09 PM

Agree - very few hotels in the US allow people under 21 to check into a hotel alone and I'm not aware of any that let kids under the age of 18 check in unless accompanied by an adult. (Since they are not adults they can't make a legal contract, which is what staying in a hotel is unless they have been emancipated.)

Look into this right away - since I'm afraid you may find this trip is not possible - and if so you should know right away. You haven;t bought air tickets yet have you?
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 10:16 AM

Are you sure you are not one of these teens.

Public transit, like a bus probably exists Miami to Orlando. Many off-Disney hotels have shuttles

But they are not going to be able to get a hotel to let them stay unless someone is over 21. They will check IDs

There are many problems with this plan
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 10:35 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
I think you ARE one of the teens looking for arguments to give your parents

If so, you made a big mistake flying into Miami

Try again ��
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 10:36 AM

Has to be a troll.

What parent in their right mind would send a bunch of teens on a flight to Miami only to somehow then get to Orlando and then stay in a hotel by themselves?
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 11:49 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
probably not a 'true' troll - just a sneaky 15 yo.

Off topic: Just learned (from my earlier post) that using the pre-formatted emoticons on my iPhone doesn't work on Fodors . . . that was supposed to be a sneaky smile - not two ? ?

I always wondered what produced those in other people's posts - now I know.
Old Jul 11th, 2016, 12:45 PM

JanisJ & GMoney are probably correct: the OP has posted exactly ONCE, a (seemingly) serious question for which s/he has not responded to any of the (numerous) serious answers.

Dani, if you are serious about this question, I strongly suggest you reply with more specifics about what is being planned.

If you want help, you've gotten it.
If, instead, you simply posted this because you get your jollies by seeing us answering a silly question, then you've also gotten that -- because the people here are the type who like to help others enjoy travel.