Reload this Page >

No Mobil or AAA listing. Should I be worried? I be worried

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 10:03 AM
Joy

I noticed that the Courtyard that we will be staying at does not list any Mobil or AAA ratings. Does it matter?

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 10:14 AM
Owen O'Neill

If it's a Marriot Courtyard it should be consistent with the quality of other Courtyard locations even if there are no Mobil or AAA ratings listed.

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 10:17 AM
Joy

Thanks for reassuring me!

Old Sep 10th, 1999, 04:42 PM
Ruth

Joy, Plenty of excellent accommodations are never listed in either of these two guides. I wouldn't give it a thought!

Old Sep 11th, 1999, 04:36 AM
Donna

In my experience (20 years with AAA), whenever a property is not listed with AAA or Mobil, there's a good reason. In the case of a "Courtyard", it may not be listed if it's too new to have been included in the latest guide book or recently changed hands (for example, the one in Montreal was previously part of a different chain, but is perfectly nice and well located). On the other hand, many otherwise excellent chain properties are not listed because they are in a less than desirable neighborhood, housekeeping and maintenance are not up to standards, or members have submitted sufficient complaints and they have been removed. We stayed at a place once where the restaurant was listed in AAA, but the connected motel was not. Sure enough, the restaurant was fine, but the motel was not.

Old Sep 13th, 1999, 06:36 AM
Brian in Atlanta

Joy, why don't you post exactly which Courtyard it is so you can get some direct feedback on it's location/quality/etc.?