I will be travelling from NJ to Seattle sometime in mid-July and want to have the trip completed in 4 days tops. According to Mapquest, the ideal route will be taking 80W and connecting with 90W all the way to SEA. There are 3 drivers, so we are planning to drive at least 1 day non-stop. What I am looking for is advise on the following:
1) Probably the most important thing, MUST EAT places that is along that route. We are willing to go off course, but nothing more than 1/2 hour off. We are making this somewhat of a FOODIE road trip and want to experience the best places. $$ is somewhat not an object, as long as the food and experience is good.
2) MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE places. We will be passing through PA, OH, ILL, WIS, MINN, S.DAK, MONT,& WA..
3) ANY and ALL TIPS to make this a memorable trip for me and my brothers. When should we take the 1 day non-stop drive, where there is a stretch of really not much to see/do.
TX again for any tips you guys might have. I will definetely post result of trip
Recent ActivityView all United States activity »
- 1 EPSON printer 1800:681:72O8 installation CONTACT EPSON Tec*h care
- 2 Need Help Picking a Neighborhood in Boston
- 3 Miami: Coconut Grove or Little Havana?
- 4 Family winter holiday
- 5 4 days in San Diego
- 6 NY theater district restaurant
- 7 The Lincoln Highway, abridged: Nikki's road trip
- 8 Not a Typical Trip Report
- 9 Christkindlmarket in Chicago
- 10 CAR TRIP FROM WI TO CA (in winter!!)
- 11 Minneapolis to Mount Rushmore (worth it?)
- 12 Trip to Cali
- 13 Grand Canyon trip from Breckenridge
- 14 Quiet Restaurant in Minneapolis for a celebratory dinner with a deaf guest
- 15 Big Sur weather in early December
- 16 PAC coast highway Oregon
- 17 Lake Quinault Lodge
- 18 Our next summer trip
- 19 Grand Canyon, Lake Powell, Zion..
- 20 Boston Must Do's with 4 year old
- 21 Dulles to BWI
- 22 Drive Time from Philadelphia to Gettysburg?
- 23 Lodging in Yellowstone Park
- 24 Asheville, SC to Knoxville, TN Transportation
- 25 Kauai for a week: advice needed