Nice restaurants in Disney/Orlando area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 11th, 2005, 03:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Would like some suggestions for nice restaurants in Orlando area. Any cuisine is fine, preferably seafood, $30-50 per person for dinner, no drinks. Thanks!
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 04:17 PM

My in-laws went to a place called Chuck's Steaks or Charlie's steakhouse and said that the crab was fantastic.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:12 PM

The California Grill in the Contemporary is a fabulous restaurant and if you can time it to see the fireworks,it is even that much more special!!!!! Rainforest is always fun and food is good.
Old Mar 11th, 2005, 06:16 PM

Just got back from Florida, and went for the first time to Calif Grill in the Contemporary. It was excellent in every way, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it.

My favorite restaurant off-Disney has for a long time been Hemmingway's in the Grand Cypress Hyatt. It has been consistently wonderful.

Have fun!
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 07:32 AM

Try the Crab House and Roy's (one of Roy Yamaguchi's Hawaii-originated restaurants), both near Disney
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 08:06 AM

There are more restaurants in Orlando than probably anywhere. Every chain in the US feels the need to have a presence there, preferably on International Drive. There are many excellent restaurants both in Disney and out. You have asked for seafood primarily and several places come to mind:

Artist Point in the Wilderness Lodge, WDW
California Grill, in the Contemporary Hotel, WDW
Roy's, off site
Flying Fish, WDW

Both the restaurant critic of the Orlando Sentinel and the locals voted Blackfin the top seafood restaurant. It is in the lovely Winter Park. I haven't been there but more than likely will try it very soon.

Chatham's Place, near Bay Hill area. Top notch restaurant off the tourist path. LMF
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 12:48 PM

The lobster at Blackfin's was the best I've ever had.

There's a good restaurant north of International Drive but can't remember the name exactly. Is it Seasons 52? The first time I had sampler size desserts in large shot glasses. The menu changes weekly based on the freshest ingredients available at the time.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 03:20 PM
Original Poster

Thanks to all for your advice! This gives us plenty of great choices. May just have to visit them all!
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 03:41 PM

Try a new restaurant concept called Seasons 52 in Orlando. It's owned by the Darden group (Olive Garden, Red Lobster, etc), but it's incredible food with a menu that changes weekly (hence the name). Fabulous wines, great atmosphere.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 03:46 PM

Yep, I googled after my earlier post and found out they have 3 locations.

www.seasons52.com

take a peek - beautiful restaurant - pretty sunset views over the lake at orlando location
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 05:19 PM

looked at the website, the menu looks fabulous!! I think that we are out of luck though with two little ones with us. It says adult atmosphere on the website.
Old Mar 12th, 2005, 07:53 PM

The California Grill has always been a favorite, another favoirte is The Palm at the Hard Rock Hotel. It is kid friendly(childrens menus too), and what my husband and I do is order 1 steak and 1 lobster. The waiter also takes all the meat out of the shell tableside for you. The shrimp cocktail and oysters are teriffic too. The Palm is an always do for us....actually we go to the one in Orlando more than we go to the one in NYC.

PS they make great Martini's too
Old Mar 13th, 2005, 04:23 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Emeril's Tchoup Chop at the Royal Pacific Hotel at Universal is FANTASTIC! They also offer a children's menu.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 11:54 AM

For seafood, my husband & I love the Solaris at the Marriot World Center on Hwy 536, just before Disney entrance. On Friday nite's, starting at 5pm they have a seafood buffet with hot crablegs, oysters, scallops, shrimp, seafood soups/chowders, made to order pasta bar, prime rib (grilled to order), desserts, etc., etc. $23.95, discount to senior citizens. Boston Lobster Feast has a seafood buffet every nite, but theirs cost more & the food is not as high in quality - especially their lobsters - they are tough!

Not seafood, but we also love the Rain Forest at Downtown Disney - your kids will love this one! yum, yum on their Rasta Pasta & chocolate cake with raspberry sauce!!

Jambalaya & yummy corn bread at House of Blues is good too!
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 02:03 PM

Glad this topic was brought up. I will be staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal. What restaurants are good around there? I won't have a car but there are shuttles to City Walk and other Universal Hotels. I might have one night where I'm dining alone, so I'll need a recommendations for a good "eat at the bar" - type place. I like just about everything except Chinese food.

Also...what can you tell me about City Walk? The ads suggest it has spectacular nightlife but I'd rather hear it from people who have visited. Thanks!
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 02:20 PM

There's a good Italian restaurant at Portofino that you would be comfortable at as a solo diner. It's a good way to get a glimpse of the Portofino resort as well. The mussels are incredible.

A fun place would be Cafe Tu Tu Tango. You'd have to take a cab but it's not far. You could eat at the bar or at one of the comfy couches in the bar area.

If you like Thai there's a great Thai restaurant down the road. I often eat there when I arrive in Orlando in the evening and am dining alone.

Maybe some other folks know more about City Walk. I usually ate at one of the above three when I was in the area.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 02:26 PM

http://themeparks.universalstudios.c...staurants.html

Here's a link to the restaurants in City Walk. The only one I've eaten at was Emeril's. But, if you are staying at the Royal Pacific, you'd be better off at eating at his restaurant there.

Give us a trip report on the Royal Pacific. I understand it's lovely.
Old Mar 14th, 2005, 07:51 PM

woh, what great answers. We were in Orlando a few (7)years ago and wasted a lot of time trying to find good places to eat. I have printed these answers off, as we are returning and will be in Orlando for New Years Eve 05/06. Any suggestions for where a family of 4 (kids 17 & 19) should spend New Years Eve, I know its early but would love some ideas.
Old Mar 15th, 2005, 03:43 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"Author: suzanne
Date: 03/14/2005, 06:03 pm
Message: Glad this topic was brought up. I will be staying at the Royal Pacific at Universal. What restaurants are good around there? I won't have a car but there are shuttles to City Walk and other Universal Hotels. I might have one night where I'm dining alone, so I'll need a recommendations for a good "eat at the bar" - type place. I like just about everything except Chinese food.

Also...what can you tell me about City Walk?"

You will love the Royal Pacific. You don't need a shuttle to get to City Walk. It's about a six minute walk from the Royal Pacific along a very nice walkway. If you don't want to walk, they have water taxi service back and forth from the hotel to City Walk all throughout the day. The hotel has the Orchid Court in the lobby where you can buy breakfast foods. The Islands restaurant in the hotel has a great breakfast buffet and regular menu. You could eat there or Jakes (also in the hotel) alone and be fine.
Tchoup Chop is great!! Pricey, but worth it. City Walk is loaded with restaurants and clubs. There are also shops and outdoor entertainment. You can easily walk to the Universal Parks from the hotel too. It's all so convenient. For LOADS of great info, go to www.disboards.com and scroll to the Universal discussion forums.
Old Mar 21st, 2005, 11:58 AM

My husband and I just got back from Orlando and food is our top priroity. We really ate at some great places. We recommend them all:

Flying Fish at the Boardwalk in WDW - Really loved the calamai appetizer.
Cheatham's Place (our favoite). The peacan pie is the best.
Artist Point at Wilderness Lodge - Their specialty salmon was excellent.
Tchoup Chop - Loved their spinach salad.
Le Coq au Vin - Wonderful French Food (and very reasonably priced).
Captain Jacks - Downtown Disney. Only had lunch there but what we had was very good. Excellent strawberry margarita.

Have a great time. We can't wait to go back to enjoy all the great food again.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -