Reload this Page >

Nice place to stay in Portland near airport

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:44 PM
sdonald

I need recommendations for a nice place to stay in Portland near the airport. We have an 8:30 am flight. However, we want to be able to sleep. We will be comming in from the Coast. Any help will be appreciated.

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 08:45 PM
sdonald

Forgot to say Portland, Oregon.
Thanks

Old Jun 26th, 2002, 09:05 PM
lisa

The area near PDX is built up with hotels serving the airport and you should find several choices at different prices with an internet search. My relatives have stayed once at the Airport Sheraton and twice at the Courtyard Marriott before early morning flights. I think the Marriott Courtyard is slightly better located, as there are other restaurants within walking distance, whereas the Sheraton is isolated. The Sheraton is closer to the airport, but that doesn't matter, as both are very close and offer shuttle services to the airport.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 08:09 AM
GP

The last two times we flew out of Portland we stayed at the Shilo Inn. It was quiet with a resturant and bar on site. The food there was ok. Shuttle worked just fine. Did not get charged for parking. Got a large room for under $100.00

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:12 PM
Kris

I've stayed at the Courtyard many times, and would recommend it. I've parked there for free, I think the limit is a week then they charge you. They have a restaurant.

Old Jun 27th, 2002, 07:48 PM
Brenda

The Embassy Suites is nice, has a shuttle & offers breakfast each morning as part of the rate. You may want to consider earplugs, as any of the hotels are in the flight path. The good news is that PDX does not have many late night flights