Niagara Falls this April

Feb 13th, 2005, 06:06 PM
Original Poster

Niagara Falls this April

Just decided to try to take family to NY (Niagara Falls, Cooperstown, NYC) for spring break, so we'd be there in early April. Apparently Maid of the Mist boats don't run this year until May. Last year it was April. Unlucky for me I guess. So, is it worth going to the falls with a 7- and 2-year old if you can't take the boat ride?
Feb 14th, 2005, 05:58 AM
Original Poster

Just trying to hoist this back to the top to see if anyone will reply!
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:02 AM

Niagara Falls is 7 hours from NYC and about 4-5 from Cooperstown. It is beautiful just about anytime of the year, but April can be warm (70) or cold (20). We have very changable weather in WNY and Southern Ontario. When theres lots of ice and snow the Falls are beautiful. There are other things to do. See if Cave of the Winds is open-its a walking tour behind the falls. Niagara On the Lake is a quiant town about 20 minutes away from the falls, and theres a beautiful butterfly conservatory bewteen the two, although I'm not sure if it's open in the winter. It would be great for your kids. A 2 year old could love or hate the maid of the mist-some young ones find it frightening. The best time for the Maid of the mist is on a really hot summer day. Pray for a warm April!
Feb 14th, 2005, 07:09 AM

Just be aware that Niagara is in the snow belt - and in April its still possible to have significant snowfall - unlike the NYC area - which is a couple of hundred miles south - and out of the belt.

Search this Thread