NIagara Falls car rental

Old Aug 30th, 2006, 07:36 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
NIagara Falls car rental

I plan on flying into Toronto from Calgary and renting a car to drive down to Niagara Falls. How long will the drive take normally?

I plan to spend 3 nights there and drive to Buffalo to fly home to Seattle. Is there any car company which will allow me to pick up a car in Toronto and drop off in Buffalo? I was hoping for a flight from Calgary to Buffalo but it costs significantly more and takes MUCH longer to fly to US from Canada.

Suggestions for hotel with the "BEST" views of the Falls also appreciated.

Many thanks.
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 07:32 AM

The drive from Toronto to the Canadian town of Niagara Falls is about an hour (then you need to find your way around the town).

We stayed at a Sheraton (can't remember which) that has floor to ceiling windows looking out onto the Falls (over a small public park) and a living area with a cute fake fireplace. Double check to be sure you get the right one. And if they offer a package with a free breakfast don;t bother (it was high school cafeteria quality).

For the car - I think you'll need to contact the companies to see. (We had our own.)
Old Aug 31st, 2006, 09:16 AM

Instead of driving, there are hourly buses from downtown Toronto to Niagara Falls, Canada, and you can cab to your hotel. Aside from the thrills of walking or taking the boat ride up close to the falls, the best view we experienced was from the Skylon Tower. The dinner at the revolving restaurant at the top of the tower offers panoramic views, the falls were lit up after sunset, and I recall they have fireworks going some nights too. Not sure if you need to spend 3 nights.

To get to Buffalo, you can walk across the bridge into Niagara Falls USA and take a bus to Buffalo.
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 07:10 AM
Original Poster

If I don't rent a car, is there transportation like a bus to Niagara on the Lake?
Old Sep 1st, 2006, 07:22 PM
Original Poster

Can anyone tell me how much a taxi ride from the Falls to the Buffalo airport would cost? Are there any cheaper alternatives? Can I rent a car at the Falls for one day and drop it off at the airport? What about the shuttle or bus? I would need to get to the airport early for an early morning flight out. Thanks
Old Sep 2nd, 2006, 04:53 AM

http://www.buffaloairporttaxi.com/services.htm

Scroll down to the 3rd box....one way from NF (Canadian side) to Buffalo airport is $40.

Another option:
http://www.wnysupershuttle.com/