Search

New York Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Jun 6th, 2005, 08:21 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New York Hotels

Need your help fodorites. I am going to New York at the end of July with my daughter and can't decide what area to stay in. We are only going to take in one Broadway show and want to shop Soho. Any hotel suggestions,3-4* for under $240 U.S.?? I tried Priceline but they don't accept a Canadian address.
Thanks
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 08:59 PM

These hotels have a good reputation though the rooms are usually on the small side.

www.applecorehotels.com
Old Jun 6th, 2005, 11:22 PM

Try The Embassy Suites, 102 North End Avenue located on the Hudson River - Recently stayed at this hotel and plan to do so again. Included in the cost is a full breakfast and evening reception. To save even more book using the net direct option. You get quite a reduction on the cost of the room. CAUTION you will be charged in full immediately when choosing this option and no refund if you do not keep your reservation. Full details on www.embassysuites.com This is a lovely area. Nice to return to after a full day. Beautiful walks along the river.

Another option is The Inn on 23rd Street details at www.innon23rd.com - Only 14 rooms and a much busier area. Have stayed here and would do so again. Continental breakfast is served here and there are other perks.

www.tripadvisor.com has many reviews on each of these places.

Good luck and enjoy one of my favorite cities.

Sandy
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 12:09 AM

Also try www.hotels.com it will give you loads of info on hotels, rates, location and you can compare much more easily.

Have a great time while you are here.
Old Jun 7th, 2005, 03:28 AM

First, I'm sure there's a way for you to use Priceline. I would do a text search here and/or go to betterbidding.com and ask the question.

As to some hotel suggestions, you might enjoy staying in Chelsea which is just south of midtown on the west side. The Four Points Sheraton Chelsea might be affordable. I agree the Inn on 23 st. could be a good place to stay too.

The Park South (parksouthhotel.com) would also be a great option and I'm sure you could get 2 double beds there within your budget. They may even have a special offer package that includes theater tickets. I also saw 60 Thompson (in Soho) on quikbook.com in your price range.